• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Im diabetic ahhh

soexcited

Reaction score
Well i went for my glucose test last friday and my first blood test (before drinking the glucose) was high the one after was ok.

So they booked me an apointment for today at the diabetic clinic, i was just thinking it was for another blood test, how wrong was I.

I have gestational diabetes and i have a machine to prick my finger 3 times a day to record my levels. Then i have to go on a sort of diet, no sweet stuff (which is what i am really craving).

I have another appointment next week for a scan and more talks.

I feel so down about it all. Im still really ill and food was my only comfort, and now that has gone.

Sorry for my rant, but my OH does not understand.

oh hun i'm really sorry and i can see how that will drive you mad when your pregnant...

my god mother is an diabetic and i've seen her pick herself... i can imagine it's not a nice thing

i don't really know what to say... but i'm sorry :hug: :hug:

Thanks, one good thing to come out of it is that i get to have another scan on tuesday.

soexcited said:
Thanks, one good thing to come out of it is that i get to have another scan on tuesday.

oh well there you go... your getting your perks... so did you just found out when you are pregnant??

or did you know before??

I only found out i was diabetic and having another scan today.

so excited said:
I only found out i was diabetic and having another scan today.

i don't really know much on diabetes.... but i know it's not the nicest thing, sorry i'm not much help, but at least everything else is fine and you'll get to see your little one :hug: :hug:

aw, poor you! I am also into my sweet things so it must be crappy for you, and of course the men don't understand, come on here and have a moan, we will listen :hug: :hug:

Sorry to hear you have gestational diabetes soexcited :hug:
From what I know of it, I read a bit when I had to go for a GTT test myself, your gestational diabetes will go after birth, its not your usual diabetes for want of a better explanation, so you will return to how you were before pregnancy, after birth :)

The downside is the watching your diet, and that it slightly increases your chances of having diabetes in the future. You don't have long to go until LO's expected birth date, so very best wishes with the diet, I do know lots of supermarkets stock special diabetes chocolate etc, so might be worth looking into what sweet treats you CAN eat until after LO's arrival :hug:

Awww sorry to hear you have gestational diabetes.........I think Excited Rach had this she had her baby today at just over 37 weeks, so maybe you'll get to meet your baby sooner too?

Redshoes is right, you can get diabetes chocolate, available in most supermarkets and Thorntons do it too :cheer: so you don't have to completely miss out.......feel free to come on here to rant & rave if you need too.....its what we're here for :hug: :hug: :hug:

That sucks! Especially when you're craving sweet things! At the one time in life when you can kinda say "what the hell, I'm eating it". Is it anything sweet? How about making smoothies with fruit (you can include veggies but you can't taste them, at least you'll feel like you're getting somehting sweet!

Only 12 weeks though, then you'll be back to normal, just think of the binge you can go on then!

awww, i feel so sorry for u not being allowed sweet things! i couldnt cope without my ice pops and floral gums! are u allowed artificial sweetener? i kno its a bit rubbish compared to sugar but maybe better than nothing?

Hi

So sorry hun i hope it goes away after you have LO but i know how hard it is not to be able to eat sweet things when you crave it.
Hang in there only a few months to go :hug:
Katrina

Thanks everyone, sorry for late reply been so busy. I will let you all know how the scan goes on friday. My diet has changed alot over the last few days and my blood reading have been good. Thanks for all the suport you lot are great :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back