GTT - results are in : )

Tillytots

Reaction score
Quickie question about the GTT...is the blood test like a usual blood test? My Dad was saying he thought it could be a finger prick if its just for glucose?

LOL - I bet its normal blood test :?

its a normal one from the vein in your arm, but they do it twice just do really bruise you :rotfl:

I was given a finger prick test, plus two addtional blood tests, but I don't think that they were connected :)

Just seen the above post :think: maybe they were.

OMG *faints* I'm going to be like a pin cushion *faints again*

thanks anyway girls *more fainting*

yeah they will send your blood off the path lab to investigate how it deals with glucose. a finger prick test will only tell you the glucose level in the blood.

im half alseep here, so i hope that makes sense :rotfl:

If you have to go tillytots make sure you eat something before you go, it can sometimes make you feel sick even of you are ok with needles.

yeah no u cant eat before u go and u have to have sum nasty drink aswell.. i had lucazade but some hosp do sum gloopy stuff :puke: :puke:

No, nil by mouth from 10 o clock previous night I was told.

*slooooowly coming round at the thought*

Nope I cant eat or drink anything from 9pm the night before :( this is what I am worried about as I feel very faint if I dont eat, combined with needle phobia - scary!!!!!

aww hun dont worry... wen i dnt eat for a while i get belly cramps n feel really light headed but i jst did it an it was ovre with an i also hate needles i cry wen i need one u will be alright :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

hope it does go quickly, I suppose its only 2 little hours of my life and its for my Little bambino which makes it all worth it :D I shall warn them I might pas out though :lol:

try and drink loads of water as it fills ur belly up so u wont feel so faint and also hydration :D

its nil by mouth for the test..that includes water as it dilutes your blood and screws with the test results. I had my GTT done twice then an aditional coombs test. The GTT testa are a piece of cake :) the drink was quite nice actually as I was starving at the time...just pray you don't have GD or you have to jab your fingers 6 times a day :shock: after a while your fingers hurt :cry:

i was allowed a few glasses of water, they even provided it for us. just told not to drink like litres of the stuff

ok, I might ring them just to check what I can and cant have and when and in what quantity - there is no way I can do this twice...well not if I dont have to :lol:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back