Persistent cough

scones

Reaction score
Ive had a cold now for 2 long weeks and been left with a real nasty cough, it feels chesty at times but tickly also, im worried that i could be damaging my baby with all the coughing because of the strain on my abdominals every time I cough.It doesnt feel bad enough to go to the doctors about but in a way I should because it isnt shifting.

Any advice ????

I've found that my allergies are alot worse recently. I'm sneezing and coughing a lot more. I've also noticed it pulling on my muscles. I have to admit I've not worried about it till now.

I'm seeing the midwife again next week I think I might just mention it to her. I always worry that I'm whinging too much ;)

hi i had the same problem,i went to my GP and he gave me antibiotics,he said that i was not going to harm baby coughing but as it was so violent and was pulling me and hurting under bump he was concerned id give myself a hernia! :eek:
the antibiotics worked and i feel heaps better now!! :D

ooh i might have to go then, just to be sure. x

Same here, i've had a cold for about 3weeks and was left with a really sore throat and cough but i didn't really think it was that bad, just annoying and energy draining. I went to the doctors today after seeing my midwife yesterday (she told me to) and have a... wait for it... sinus infection in my throat.. is that possible?! Apparently where i've had a cold for so long and it's all drained down the back of my throat it's got infected, and i have the start of tonsilitis as a result of that. Lovely!! If it doesn't go by Monday with a few days of antibiotics i have to go have introvenus antibiotics. :shock:

Best to get it checked before it gets worse :hug:

chricky that sounds sore! Poor you! Hope the antibi's start working for you :hug:

I still have the cough, its really annoying now and comes in waves, getting me knackered too

Oh dear :(. I've just had a nasty cold that made me lose my voice for four days and I was also coughing a lot, one night I thought I'd cracked a rib or something because it hurt after a big coughing fit (I hadn't but it did feel a bit bruised the next morning). Constantly sucking boiled sweets like Werther's Original and Barley Sugar helped quite a bit and I managed to find some very basic cough syrup from Sainsburys that was ok during pregnancy. I asked the chemist, basically it was just lemon and glycerine although it still said to seek advise on the back, he said it was fine as it didn't have any active ingredients in it. It just kind of coated my throat enough to help me get to sleep etc so it's worth asking- often basic kids' cough mixtures are just glycerine and a bit of flavour too

Hope you feel better soon
+++

When I was pregnant with Brody and couldn't shift a cough the doctor told me to try gaviscon as it was the heartburn causing me to cough so much! I don't know if he was just fobbing me off but it did seem to help :think: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back