IKEA Baby stuff...?

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
Anyone looked at/bought any IKEA baby stuff? Just wondering if I can save myself a few pounds. I'm looking at the cots especially.

Any thoughts?

Ta

i always buy ikea furniature and they always fall apart :( so not going there with a cot! on kiddicare theyve got cots less than £100 x

I've always found Ikea furniture is fine for the price!
Haven't looked at Kiddicare yet so will check it out. Ta.

My brother bought a bed from there - adult ofc but kind of similar i suppose - and i helped him put it together.

I found the actual frame was decent enough for the price, you could pay for better, but the matress, zippers and stitching were just rubbish and popped and split under no duress at all.

i spoke to someone who had 2 cots, 1 expensive one in the house and a 2nd ikea cheapo one in their holiday house. She actually swapped them cos she found the ikea one so good. Told me not to bother getting an expensive one cos ikea cots are brilliant. I havent actually gone to look at them yet, but Ive got lots of ikea furniture in my house and havent had any problems with it.

Can I just say that if you are looking to pay around the £100 mark then Tesco have some nice cots... There are one or two at the £80 mark too...

Here's a link to get you in that general direction on the site..http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-2159.aspx

Also - think of the CLUBCARD POINTS ;-) xx

We got ours from an independant business in York who get all Mothercares returns. The cot we bought is sold for £250 in Mothercare yet we got it for £150 :D Only reason it was sent back is because the wood is a slightly different shade to the matching nursery furniture they'd bought so was nothing wrong with it

I am off to look at a cot advertised on Netmums, I figure as long as the mattress is new I can probably get a more substantial cot 2nd hand than new...

I was looking in Ikea the other day and they have some awesome bits. The bedding looked quite reasonable priced and was ultra cute. They a have cot that matches the chest of drawers that will be in the baby's room and a changing table bit to add on to the chest of drawers, so that's pretty cool.

I still have cheap Ikea furniture from when me and hubby bought our first house 5 years ago and it is still good.

I love Ikea, but never bought a cot from there because white ones seemed cheapy and they don't do cot beds.
I do love their mammut range and blue stuff is gorgeous,if i had boys thats what i'd have bought :) not so keen on pink & red.

Last edited:
i got a bed frm ikea and its playin hell in my back cost £200 so now need a new bed i give up wid them

I got advised not to get their adult bed frames cos they make them a slightly different size so you HAVE to buy their mattresses too. Cheeky!

Are they online Tasha89?

Not sure if they deliver...

Website is www.ckbuggies.com They do deliver - says so at the bottom of the page. Our cot is in the factory seconds section - The winnie the pooh one for £149.99 :D

Although they ARE fab on prices and really friendly staff - it can take them FOREVER to get something in for you! I was waiting months for my bloody pram! Nice lads though :)

I got advised not to get their adult bed frames cos they make them a slightly different size so you HAVE to buy their mattresses too. Cheeky!

I had an IKEA adult bed frame but a normal size double matress - used to end up at the bottom of the frame by the time I woke up and my pillows would be down the back of the headrest! lol! Very annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back