Ikea nursery furniture?

fothers

Reaction score
Has anyone got any ikea nursey furniture and what do you think of it?

We have some of there Leksvik range in the rest of the house and saw they had cots and wardrobes and stuff in that range or a similar colour and are wondering whether to get that?

Thanks!

Keeley's first cot was from there... also we have the changer too

I love the changer but the cot wasn't a cot bed size so after 6 months i brought a cotbed :)

From what i've seen and heard about the furniture it's good, nothing wrong with it. I've been told their cots are a tad small though and would need replacing with something bigger after 6 months ish

Jessicas bedroom furniture is ikea. Very good furniture. We dont have the cot, just a childs bed with a bedrail. We have a set of drawers and a wardrobe that is the right height for kids clothes.

Dhs mum has an ikea cot though and Joe is still using that at 1 year. Just a basic cot.

thanks ladies :D

I will go and have a look, maybe get the cot elsewhere if they look small and just get wardrobe and stuff from there.

We are off to Ikea tonight to buy the cot & wardrobe from the Hensvik range. It looked okay in store and as with all self assemble furniture, I think as long as it is put together properly it will last for ages.

It is just so much cheaper than any of the ranges we have seen in Mothercare/Mamas & Papas.

fothers said:
We have some of there Leksvik range in the rest of the house

Ditto!

We've got the changer (bargain!) with the extra option of shelves above which can convert into a chest of drawers and shelves at a later date - I LOVE it! I know we can't use it forever when she gets too big or starts grabbing everything, but for the moment, it's brilliant and we'll continue to use it for storage and display once she's too big to change on it.

I'd agree about the small Ikea cots though and recommend Kiddicare for cot beds that match closely to Leksvik range.

I hope this helps!

Valentine xxx

Thanks Valentine- I will check out kiddicare.

We have the changing unit in our living room in an alcove but with the shelf above it so not used as that as such and one of their bookcases as they fit in the spaces perfectly.

We went last night and checked it out but will lok at kiddicare too.

I got the wardrobe & cot from the Hensvik range at the weekend. Hubby has built the wardrobe & it looks lovely, although Ikea do recommend you attach it to a wall for more security.

We haven't got round to building the cot yet as we shouldn't need it until after Xmas as LO will be in the moses basket until then.

What I did notice is that Ikea have recently increased their cot sizes to fit standard cot size matresses (60 x 120) so you don't have to buy the matress from Ikea and it's a slightly bigger cot now.

Hope this helps, xxx

I dunno the designer but I brought the blue cot that cost 59 pound from Ikea and a matress for 25 pound too. It seems a tiny bit small than the average cot/bed but it will do the job, considering i'll only be here for another year, it's a bargin!

My friend brought some things from there a year ago, her 1 yr old baby is chewing the cr@p out of the cot but it's still standing!

In the end we have bought a cosatto cotbed from somewhere else on line but will get a wardrobe and a changing unit or chest drawers from there in a similar colour.

Thanks everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back