If I find out at my next scan that I have mc again....

Annie050408

Reaction score
...what are my options?

Last time I mc naturally at 6 weeks but this time I'll be 8-9 weeks and I've had no pain or bleeding so I fear it may not expel naturally.

I don't fancy having a D&C from what I've heard but what are the alternatives?

I think it can be medically managed rather than surgically managed, so they basically prescribe you some tablets to induce the physical miscarriage :( .
This is so sad Annie, I really hope it doesn't come to that :hug: xx

Thanks hon.

I'm ok actually, I've cried my tears about it now and I'm at the point where I just want a definite answer so I can move on.

Last edited:
I am being put to sleep hun, then its all over quickly x I hope everything goes ok xxxxx

Annie, what is making you think this? Fx for you!

fingers crossed for you honey. JUST because you asked and I hope it isn't necessary, but you can have a medical management. They will give you a tablet, you go home, then 2 days later you go in and have a pessary and it all happens about 3-5 hours after that. Some places allow you to go home after the pessary to pass at home, other places may want you to stay in. I went home and OH was there the whole time. Its not pleasant but at you least you can be in your own bed. It pretty much happens when you go to the loo, well it did for me. I really really hope this is not the out come for you xxxx

I really hope this isn't the case for u hun. Stay strong and positive :hugs: xx

Sorry ladies, I should have said that at my 7 week scan it only showed an 11mm (5 week) sac. I am sure of my dates so it doesn't look good. Am ok with it now though. Xx

I really hope it doesn't come to that annie. There has been another girl today who was much less than she expected at her scan and the bean was there with a heartbeat so hopefully it will be the same for you sweetheart. I have everything crossed.

If the worst comes to it you can have the medical management as an option or wait it out and it will pass naturally. I was told the latter option could take weeks so I wasn't too keen on it. I didn't fancy an erpc/d&c cos I don't like the thought of instruments scraping my uterus so I had the medical management. I had the first tablet on the Monday afternoon and went into hospital on the wednesday. They don't let you do it at home here because they like to monitor you closely.
I had the second tablets on the Wednesday morning about 8.30 and passed everything by 11.30. It wasn't too bad considering. The worst part wad having to catch it in the pan so they could inspect that everything had come away :(

I hope it doesn't come to this Hun x

Hope it doesnt come to that hun, when is your scan? xxx

Fx for you and i so hope it will be ok.

i had a blighted ovum. tricky thing it is for sure...

i tried the medical management 3 times...it didn't work at all, i got no bleeding, no cramps absolutely nth... :(

so i had to go for the d&c and it was the best thing in my opinion. the whole surgery took 10 min, i was home 2 h later, the bleeding was minimal, alternating with some moderate bleeding for a couple of days, i had some cramps but not as bad as my period ones and that was all.
i was first at the doctor at 5 weeks, only saw a sac measuring 4 weeks 6 days. then back at 6 weeks, saw a sac measuring 6 weeks but nth inside. back at 7 weeks, sac is growing but nth inside. back at 8 weeks, sac empty and first attempt of medical management. 8 w 3 days, sec attempt of medical management, 9 w 3 attempt and almost 10 weeks d&c...
only if i had choose that from the very beginning...

i really hope that everything will be ok. i was very sure for my dates and i wanted to end that even earlier, since the 6 weeks 5 days but ofc my doctor wanted to wait one more week and meantime do some blood tests...

Last edited:
only one more day to wait huni! hope ur ok! and i hope all goes well tomorrow xxx

Hope it dosnt come to this and scan goes well tomorrow.

Dont have any advice about medical management as i had surgical both times, which was fine.

Hope you are ok :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back