If anyone is thinking of getting a Wii...

Hi....

I must confess I am a gamer and have a Wii, 360 an PS3.

The one that has had the most use out of it is the 360. It has a huge variety of games, it's "live" services is great for online gaming, and the extra downloads etc and the user interface is easy to manipulate. Plus, on Friday the game "project Gotham Racing 4" comes out for it which is going to be one of THE games of the year!

My PS3 has hardly seen the light of day. The games just aren't there at the moment, however, the machine has great potential - but I don't think it will be realised for another year or so!

The Wii is great fun for when all the family want to play. My nephews when they come round and I are all gathered round the Wii playing tennis or such like. I think the best game we've had with it for that is the Wii Sports that actually comes WITH the Wii... bowling is really very very good. It's not really quite the same if you will spend more time playing on your own - as some of the throwing your arm around etc can be a bit tiresome. But for parties, it's a great addition :)

Hope that may help

Gaming Geek (hehe)

I have one for sale if anyone is interested? We need the money for solicitors fees as we are buying a house.

It comes with the console, Wii Sports, nunchuck, extra handset, Wii Play and Teenage Ninja Turtles. PM me if you're interested xx

Alicebabe said:
I have one for sale if anyone is interested? We need the money for solicitors fees as we are buying a house.

It comes with the console, Wii Sports, nunchuck, extra handset, Wii Play and Teenage Ninja Turtles. PM me if you're interested xx

I had about 3 copies of Wii play because I bought the wii play and controller bundle too (well at only about £3 difference from a standard controller price, and there were no controllers around at the time, seemed daft not to!) Didn't think too much of the games on it though, gave my 2 extra copies away!

And is that an extra nunchuck, or the nunchuck that comes in the pack (just incase people may think they are getting two!)

we had a WII but the novelty wore off quick we we sold it again, I'm sticking to xbox 360 and live, :cheer:

Are they cheaper in Hungary?? im going next year and may buy one for when we have mates around

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
we didnt manage to get them off that site as they said gareths card was declined even though the money was sat there ready to go out :(
but gareths brother managed to get 2 for us in london this morning and we transferred the money to him :D
so we are all sorted and they are now sat in the boot of his car :dance: xxxxxxxx

i managed to get one a couple of weeks ago for my daughter from argos but they are so limited, i also know they kept getting the odd one in tesco, good luck everyone :D

oh by the way we got a leaflet yesterday saying woolworths have them for sale at £161 so try them :D

I got the same leaflet and when I rang them up the lady was really snotty and told me that if I didn't have my name down on their massive waiting list then I had no chance - and they were her exact words! If I knew who she was I would ring back and tell her that I got one from game - just like pretty woman did .... speaking to me like that was a big mistake! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Xxx

I Have Noticed Other Consoles Are Advertising Alot More- They Are Aware How Popular The Wii Is Now

i had the same leaflet for woolies and when i emailed them they told me that when the leaflet went to print they had loads but now they have none and are not expecting any while the offer is on :x :x :x
naughty woolies :evil: xxxxxxxxx

rach said:
i had the same leaflet for woolies and when i emailed them they told me that when the leaflet went to print they had loads but now they have none and are not expecting any while the offer is on :x :x :x
naughty woolies :evil: xxxxxxxxx

Grr that must be annoying, They should cancel the offer untill they do though

they pointed out in the email that it does say subject to availability (or something similar) in the small print on the leaflet :evil: xxxxxx

susie said:
i managed to get one a couple of weeks ago for my daughter from argos but they are so limited, i also know they kept getting the odd one in tesco, good luck everyone :D

We got ours from Argos a couple of weeks ago too!
Hope everyone who wants one manages to get one! :pray:

I dont understand why, when they know how popular they are, why not stock up? Its daft, its same as PS3!! :lol:

jesus in january i went to game really early in the morning for opening and waited till they got their delivery of like 2 wii's in and got mine then! I cant beileve 2 christmasses in a row they are selling out again :clap: well done nintendo you have managed to get back all the money you lost from making the gamecube! ps3 isnt worth the money inho I have ps3 ps2 xbox360, a wii a psp and a ds lite, yes a game freak ! :p the best buys are the 360 for online gaming and serious games such as forza, gears of war halo 3 etc, and the wii is purely for fun, I only have 1 *serious* game on the wii which is call of duty3.

The wii is great for family fun etc, but if you want a present for oh's that like their gaming id definatly recommend the xbox360, at least untill the ps3 has more games for it! there is hardly any games and the controllers dont even come standard with rumble and is still way too overpriced regardless of the recent £125 price drop just because of the bluray dvd player which u can only use if u have bluray dvds which arnt really around much yet (but we got it from hong kong when a friend was away on business ;) ) :roll: whereas the 360 does and has tonnes of games and the live gaming is awesome!

If you want a wii best thing to do is phone and see if you can coax out of the shop when deliveries come in and get there for when they open, for me i got their and they put my name on a list to get one of the ones that came in that days delivery and i just went back 2 hours later and got it :D

HTH
Cas xx

Best way to get a wii though is to go in to

Hi

Bernie played it over the weekend and now hsi left arm is so sore he can hardly do anything withit :( we wont be getting one now lol
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back