• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Idiot woman today...

zebrastripes

Reaction score
I was sitting in the car with Willow as Mum had run into the shop to get a few things. there was this car beside us with a little boy in it,alone, which for a start I thought was illegal.He couldn't have been more than 18 months. he had a dummy in and I think it fell out as the next time I looked it was nowhere in sight and he was crying.

After around 20 minutes (and bear in mind this car was already there when we pulled in) a woman came to the car with two other little boys who looked about 3 and 6ish. She just opened the door for them and just stood back and let them go on in, didn't check their seatbelts or anything, and she didn't have car seats for them.
Why take 2 children in and leave the 3rd? And then the flagrant disregard of safety laws. She must have thought people make up those laws just for the craic, honestly :x

Makes me really mad! These people are the ones that don't care about possible accidents. Bugs me coz nothing is more precious than a child's life!!! And i hate it when they're left in the car, i can't stand to leave Angel in a room on her own!

is a bit naught isnt it.

altho i did have to leave caitlyn in the car on her own whilst i got petrol today :?

I think petrol stations you have no choice! I wouldn't leave her to go in a shop, but you can't haul a car seat out just to run in the petrol station! I have only needed to refuel a couple of times but i lock her in and am constantly watching the whole time i'm in there!
But i won't go into shops or anything while she's sat in the car.

LisaJ1986 said:
I think petrol stations you have no choice! I wouldn't leave her to go in a shop, but you can't haul a car seat out just to run in the petrol station! I have only needed to refuel a couple of times but i lock her in and am constantly watching the whole time i'm in there!
But i won't go into shops or anything while she's sat in the car.

Ditto

I hate putting petrol in when I have the babies...but i do leave them while I pay. I am sure most people do.

I can't see why anyone would take 2 and leave the 3rd though, poor baby :(

I leave mine in the car when I park outside the post office, mainly cos I'm only in there 2 mins and that place has had 3 armed robberies in the last 2 months! Safer in the car I reckon! The last guy was waving a shotgun around :shock: I don't even live in a rough area, it's a quiet road and close the the motorway so thats why its a target.

i know its a nuisance getting the heavy carseat in and out of the car at petrol stations but i could never leave her in while i go and pay. Happens too fast.

i went today and there was a car behind me waiting to go to the pump i was at but it took me longer to move because i was fastening her back in, and i knew the driver behind was sighing but no way would i leave her in the car, even if i could still see her while im in the shop

1sttimemum said:
mrs_tommo22 said:
Bloody applalling leaving kids in the car on their own. :x
what was i supposed to do???

aww no wansnt aimed at you - people who actuallygo into shops to do their shopping and leaving their kids in the car is what pisses me off. Petrol you dont have a choice, my hubby locks the car and makes sure he can see them - wasnt gettibg at you 1sttimemum.

mrs_tommo22 said:
1sttimemum said:
[quote="mrs_tommo22":371x3c1s]Bloody applalling leaving kids in the car on their own. :x
what was i supposed to do???

aww no wansnt aimed at you - people who actuallygo into shops to do their shopping and leaving their kids in the car is what p*sses me off. Petrol you dont have a choice, my hubby locks the car and makes sure he can see them - wasnt gettibg at you 1sttimemum.[/quote:371x3c1s]

:hug: Sorry :hug:

Being a bit paranoid aint i lol

Aww thats awful poor kids!

I think petrol is different as you can see them and dont have much choice but going in a shop to do your shopping is a different matter :x :shakehead:

god yeah, i think petrols different too, plus a definate difference in a few mins, and 20 !!!
Also if getting petrol surely youd leave one kid to watch LO and take one, or leave all three rather than leave the baby on its own ?!?! Woamn sounds like a right dick !

:shock: Stupid woman!

I always take Lola out of her car seat and carry her when i pay for petrol or go to a pay pump :)

I always go to a pay @ pump petrol station at tesco or fill up when i've got someone else in tha car.

Its a sad world that we live in today that we feel we cant leave our babes in the car for 30 seconds but I just couldnt do it :(

I already always use pay at pump, i just prefer it tbh, but if i do have to go in i always lock the car fully, so id probably leave her locked in for the few minutes it'd be, and only if i could see the car at all times.

I dont think i could leave her out of sight, god knows what could happen, people hit cars in car park, break in to them, and you could easily have called the child protection people. I dont know how you could leave them tbh

I'm sorry if i offend anyone but i wouldnt and dont leave my children in the car alone. I used to work for the police. Too many incidents happen whilst children are left alone in cars.

Tara & Liam said:
I'm sorry if i offend anyone but i wouldnt and dont leave my children in the car alone. I used to work for the police. Too many incidents happen whilst children are left alone in cars.

you don't offend me as I know what I am doing is right by me and my children. I live 25 mins drive away from my nearest pay at pump, and sometimes I am caught short on petrol so I have to go on my own. To take Cally out then get Seren and then take them across a busy forecourt isn't really an option. Instead I will lock them in the car and not take my eyes of them. Yes things happen but it would take me 15 seconds to get out the door onto the forecourt if I saw anyone go near my car, I don't think there is anyone out there who can get near my car, break in etc in 15 seconds.Of course I am aware there is a risk (no option is 100% risk free) but I do what I can to reduce it, locking the door, parking at the pump nearest the shop etc.
when Idropped Seren off at nursery I noticed there was one car parked outside with a sleeping baby in. The mother was inside the nursery and there is no way you can see what is happening. Other mums leave their babies strapped into their buggies outside the door. That is way too risky

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back