can someone help me please. About car crashes and car seats?

beth3735

Reaction score
I had a 4 car pile up crash on saturday with both my daughters sat in their car seats in the back. I was hit twice from behind which forced me to hit the guy in front of me.

My car is a write off so was just wondering if anyone knows the legal requirements about changing cars seats after being in a crash like that? My girls werent hurt and it looks like no damage at all to car seats.

I just know there is a thing car seats and car crashes?
Can anyone help me please? Not sure if to ask insurance company for 2 new ones

i hope that you are okay.

will send you a PM.

maybe you should ask midwife or health visitor about car seats. or i have just thought, someone that sells them like Mothercare, sometimes they can be really helpful.

Personally yes I would change the car seats, better to be safe than sorry. I'd do the same for a motorbike helmet even if I didn't land on my head or bump it in anyway, I just wouldn't want to take the risk.

If you can get them through your insurance, then even better.

Hope you are ok after all that especially how far pregnant you are.. If you suspect anything at all re: the baby don't hesitate to go to the doctors. :hug:

:D leckershell i was hoping the crash would start my labour off but no my little man is way to stubborn to be forced out. I did take myself to the hospital to have him checked out though as its such a worry when they still tucked up inside you that u cant see any visable damage

I will give insurance company a ring and see what they say they can offer

I will have a read of the pm hun thanks xx

We were in a car crash last April, in a friends car....the police at the scene advised us to both get new car seats although they looked fine the belts etc have been 'stressed' to their maximum therefore if we were to be in another crash they wouldn't be half as effective at protecting the kids

x

first of all, hope ur all ok, that mustve been so frightening :hug: :hug:

whos ur insurance company? i work for direct line and we replace car seats free after they been in accidents even if not damaged. tell them that and hope u get them to do it for u by mentioning a competitor!

my insurance company is Tesco i think through royal bank of scotland.
I have just called them up and they said if i go out and buy new car seats and post the receipt they will reimburse me

Does this mean that even though baby isnt born, his car seat has been fixed in there for the last week. Does it mean I can replace his? Or does the child have to be using the seat like my daughters were? I know I should of asked these questions but I dont want to fork out £160 for the 3 seats for them to not pay me back.

Sorry for all the questions you can just tell that I have never been in an accident before :?

yes ur right tesco (like direct line) is royal bank of scotland. i imagine its any car seat that was in the car at the time, it doesnt hav to hav been in use at the time. tesco should be pretty nice about it, and u said they told u they would reimburse u, all calls are recorded u should be alright. x

when posting stuff dont forget to do recorded delivery and photocopy in case they are lost in the post

Thanks hun for the advice. I will get hubby to go to toys are us later i think and get the car seats. Things like this seem to be one thing after another lol

Im just glad that it wasnt my fault. This poor girls insurance is looking at ending up forking out for 3 other cars plus her own :?

snap,had the same thing happen to me 4 days before christmas. I was told to change the car seats, whilst they may look ok you don't know what the impact has done to them. Seren's looked fine but I just wouldn't want to take the risk.

Definitely change the girls seats - as for the one for your bubs' - I wouldn't have thought it would need changing as there has been no stress on the harness (ie the weight of a baby/child being flung into them).
I would check with the insurer re that one, change it if they'll pay, but IMO I can't see how it would be affected in any way unless it was hit directly :hug:

Hope you're OK though, must have been pretty scary.

I tihnk im just going to change the girls ones like u say monster munch its not like there was any weight in babies one. Also its brand new and mothercare may even exchange it if need be

Just looking for some good car seats now for my girls lol. May as well when someone elses insurance is paying for it :oops: :shhh: :D

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
If you get the car seats reimbursed through your insurance I would definately get a new one for baby too if it was in the car at the time. Better to be safe than sorry. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back