• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Idiot woman today...

zebrastripes said:
I was sitting in the car with Willow as Mum had run into the shop to get a few things. there was this car beside us with a little boy in it,alone, which for a start I thought was illegal.He couldn't have been more than 18 months. he had a dummy in and I think it fell out as the next time I looked it was nowhere in sight and he was crying.

After around 20 minutes (and bear in mind this car was already there when we pulled in) a woman came to the car with two other little boys who looked about 3 and 6ish. She just opened the door for them and just stood back and let them go on in, didn't check their seatbelts or anything, and she didn't have car seats for them.
Why take 2 children in and leave the 3rd? And then the flagrant disregard of safety laws. She must have thought people make up those laws just for the craic, honestly :x

perhaps she had a good explanation for leaving one in the car. perhaps she went to collect the other two. Perhaps the one left in the car was being observed and in sight of her at all times. Perhaps the other two looked younger than they were and wer able to fasten their own seatbelts.
Perhaps they were not her children and she was doing someone a favour having them in which case she was allowed not to use booster seats.
Perhaps her husband had been in a fatal road traffic accident and she was in a daze and wasn't thinking straight...
who knows.

bloody hell budge! u feeling orite lol... when ever u say something that isnt arguing im gonna say this u know lol :p

i leave the kids if im nipping into the chemist or petrol station.. i always lock the doors and i drop the perscription to the counter then go back to the car and return to the chemist about 5 mins later once the person infront of me has come out. when i get petrol i obviously lock the car and im in and out watching the car at all times like others have also said.. personally.. i think its a massive risk taking 2 kids out of the car accross a busy petrol forecourt where there are also fumes and closly parked cars who hardly ever look out for people walking nevermind 5 year old children who arnt really road aware. dont get me wrong il avoid getting petrol untill alex is with me but sometimes you have no choice..

charlottes sensible for 5, and shes always been told if anyone comes to the car you dont open the door or window you wait for mummy to come back.. and if they wont go away take your seatbelt off and climb in the front and beep the horn to get me to come back. - this obviously has never happened.. and the car is never out of sight.

the way i look at it is.. if you leave your baby secure in a locked car for 3 mins.. while you go and grab something quickly then so what... but to leave a baby 20 mins in a car crying while you go shopping is just neglect. i think i have voiced my views on not putting children in carseats before.. it only takes a little knock and your child is flung through the windscreen or snapped in half by the seatbelt being to high or to low. you cant control other drivers and you might be the safest driver in the world but bob down the road isnt. and if he crashes into you, you could kill your child by not having them in a seat..its your child the end of the day.. and its your choice.. personally its not worth the risk.. and even if charlottes going from tesco store to tesco garage.. she is in her seat and belted up..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back