Idiot driver!!

hedgehog2000

Reaction score
Was driving home tonight when somone drove into the back of me at a roundabout. I was stationary at the time. My neck hurts a bit, whiplash I suppose. My stomach feels ok, but I can't help being a bit worried about the baby. I'm 20 weeks pregnant. My gut feeling is that I should just see how I go and not go dashing to the hospital when I feel ok. Does this sound the right thing to do??

if i was you i would go & see your midwife tomorrow just to be safe. we had a slight car crash when i was expecting my son 4 yrs ago & she put me on the monitor for half an hour just to monitor the baby- all was fine.

you can never be too careful. put your feet up & get some rest- hope your ok.

take care. :D

i'd go get checked just in case - then you have records if anything goes to court.

I agree hun, just to be on the safe side though babies are very well cushioned in there :D . Hope your neck is better soon x

hi hun i walked into a door at work :doh:
and hit my tummy real hard wen i was about 26weeks i phoned the hospital and they sai if u take a knock to the belly and ya blood group is possitive then just make sure baby still kicking then u are fine
(im a possitive and baby kicked after so i was ok)
but she said if i was negitve blood group then i would have to go to hospital to be monitored,,

aint got a clue what the difference is thou x

I think its in case there is any bleeding. Im neg blood group and if I bleed in this preg I have to go to hospital straight away and get an anti d injection. My dh is positive so the baby will be positive. Babys blood group is determined by the father. Im not sure the implications of it not getting treated but I dont think its too clever for the blood groups to mix.

Hedgehog, it would be better to go to the hospital or midwife. It cant do any harm and no one will think you over anxious.

Sorry to hear about your knock.. as others have said I would rest and keep feet up and call m/w.. she will probably come round and check on you to reassure you all is OK.

When I threw myself into the road [I tripped up!] a couple of weeks ago and fell onto my side with a nasty bang I was really worried and she came round straight away with her doppler to reassure me all was OK.. told to rest for a couple of days to let things settle.

Hope your neck feels better soon.. whiplash is a nightmare.. I had it when a car ploughed into back of my car 15 years ago and even though I had physio for 2 months the pain still comes and goes even now... it is excruciating. My advice would be defo go to GP and get physio referral for your neck as it may seem ok one day but long term damage is a risk... and if Idiots insurance covers it then even better!!

take care
xx

I'd say go to the m/w thats what there are there for!! If she tells you everything is fine and there was nothing to worry about then great you can put your mind to rest!

Nothing bad can come from being over safe! xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back