twins or early movment? anyone? (repeated)

lisa&alex

Reaction score
hi everyone.. ok.. i dont wanna sound thick, ok..

im a mum of 1, and this is my 2nd pregnancy

and im 9 weeks.. but i swear i can feel the baby move.. my womb feels like its squirming..and i have felt it for around a week now.. its happend around 5 times today, the most so far..is not my gut because its to low down.. has this happened to anyone else?

and if so do i need to tell ym idwife? or do u think its not movements?

Hi,

I've felt my baby kicking since 14 weeks (and I mean definite kicks) - you feel it earlier with subsequent pregnancies and especially if you're slim. I doubt you'd notice as early as 9 weeks though I don't know for sure.

Is there a chance you could be a month out with your dates? Could you have had what you thought was a light period (but was implantation bleeding) the month before you thought you conceived?

I had a private dating scan done at 9 weeks for £75. It showed the baby moving around - though I couldn't feel him/her that early. Could you afford to pay for an early scan?

Alternatively, make use of your local Early Pregnancy Unit, based at the hospital which is governing your care in pregnancy. You could just 'phone up the main switchboard and ask to be put through. They will probably put you onto a midwife. Tell the mw that you think you might be much further on than you first thought as you can now feel the baby move and ask if they could have you in soon for the dating scan which is usually done at 12-13 weeks (on the NHS).

Hey, wouldn't it be great if you had skipped into 2nd Tri so fast? :D

Let us know how you get on.

xxx

thanks for your answer...

im not slim :( unfortunatly lol..

well we started trying a month b4 this and i think i had a miscarriage (passed a grey blue clot) dr said probably a m/c but although preiod was heavy for 2 days it was shorter than my average cycle, also i have felt pregnant since then,.. but that could just be because i was if u get me... havent got a + pg test untill 4 days b4 my period so.. thinking aobut it perhaps i am a bit more gone than we think? i dunno.. im going away for a week today so if im still feeling it and im sure its not wind then i will ring when i get bk.. thanks xx

The passing of the large clot could possibly mean you were pregnant with twins and lost one very early on? This is supposed to be very common - experts believe that most women don't realise it was twins because of the loss so early on/lack of any symptoms.

I hope that you have a good week away! :wave:
xxx

mums seems to feel their babys on second pregnacy earlier than say a new mum. think its cause u have had a baby before so u will feel this one more and earlisr thjan your first if that makes sense.

if not im sure someone will be in who has had a baby before and is on their second or third preg :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back