ID for travelling with a baby

Princess81

Reaction score
Hiiiiii :wave:
Peas first plane journey should be at about 7 weeks old :shock:
What kind of ID will the baby need? It's just gonna be Ryan air (god help me) and within the UK but some form of ID will be needed for the baby won't it? Will it have to be a passport??
An added question thrown in..... What about transporting the buggy/car seat do they charge you for it? I'm guessing they do :(
Fanks!! :love: :petal: xxx

Sorry not sure about the I'd but I think the pushchair is free as my friend didn't pay when she took her 18mth old to Cyprus!

They can travel on your ID if you're travelling inside the UK, otherwise they need a passport! I took Ks birth certificate when we flew just in case, but didn't need it! They usually take a travel cot/pushchair/car seat for free, think we took the pram and car seat, but it depends on the air line!

Cool thanks. It wouldn't surprise me if the charge for the buggy tbh, they want to start charging just to use the loo on the plane after all ...... :eh:

When I flew with Rose ryanair require a passport for baby they are actully very strict and not very helpful. Check it out just incase Hun x

Thanks Amy I will. Dropping my parents to the airport tomorrow so I might actually go in and speak to their customer service people x

I'm pretty sure Ryan air will want a passport. As soon as you get bubba registered get the passport! I has to pay £110 for an express one!

Definitely get a passport. Authorities are
Ridiculously strict when you're travelling with a child to
Stop child trafficking etc ...

The pushchair's free, they tag it for you so you can use it till you get to the steps at the bottom of the plane, fold it up and give it to a blokey there and carry baby on. Cost us about £20 to take our car seat on Ryan Air I think, although SIL used to leave hers attached to her pram and got away with saying the travel system had to stay together! You have to make sure you get a tag on each bit though if you're gonna risk that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back