Ice packs/ Cooling pads.. for down there??

SuziQ

Reaction score
Morning Ladies,

My best friends younger sister, just gave birth last night to a 9lb 15oz boy. :dance:
Now, she is a pretty petite girl, and I suggested to my friend that she gets her sister, some of those cooling packs.. as I'm pretty sure she's going to be a little sore down there :shock:

Does anyone know what I am on about?
Where can I get them from?
And are they any good.

Cheers
x

Hi,

This is my first baby so I really have no idea if the cooling packs are any good or not but I have seen them in mothercare.
A few friends with children have said they are good, especially if you have stiches.

Congrats to your best friends sister :D

Boots or mothercare sell them. I had stitches and preferred to have nothing on them tbh, just nice baths soothed them :D

I've never heard of them for that reason but they sound niiiiiiiiiice... very soothing :D

Thanks ladies..

Knew I could rely on you.

Think I might even get some for myself! :)

xx

Those fem pads you can get in boots and mothercare too as well as amazon. They would be next to the maternity pads, and next to some big round green ones for breastfeeding too.

Yeah they do em in mothercare and they are £16.50 if i remember rightly :)

I didn't use the cold pads but I had a rubber ring. Thats was an absolute god send and I even used it to sit on in the bath too :D

kalia said:
Where did you get the ring from, Lou?

My dad and sister went out hunting for one and found one just in an ordinary chemist! I was in so much discomfort so my mum made them go and get it for me, and omg it was worth it. I could sit without my ninny and stitches touching anything. T'was lovely!

I don't know why the hospital don't provide them? :think:

ARNICA tell her to use arnice, she'll notice a HUGE improvemnet withing the 1st day, i had stitches with my 1st and healed in about 2 days.

Its in my bag for this one :D

There are cooling strips in the NCT catalogue

Arnica and a rubber ring. The arnica reduces the bruising and the ring will take the presssure off your stitches whilst you heal. Warm baths help too especially if you need to pee. Sorry TMI but stitches and neat urine are 'NOT' a match made in heaven

yep definitely agree with the peeing in the bath - had forgotten that bit :rotfl: - I had the icepacks for my first - HUGE episiotomy that came apart after a few days as had been stitched too tight - to be honest a warm salt bath felt better as the icepacks just put more pressure on the area - despite a horrific time with the first have had 2 normal deliveries with no stitches since so although painful it healed ok eventually - thank goodness :)

might try to find a rubber ring before hand this time tho - sounds useful

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back