IBS

mum2A&L

Reaction score
When i was at the docs today i mentioned the problems i have with my insides, and he mentioned ibs. He said he would put me on some meds to see if they help (Colofac).

he didn't suggest anything else. is there anyone on here with ibs? how was it diagnosed? did you have tests done? it just seems odd to be that ive been given these meds to see if it is ibs, instead of checking first :think:

ive only really had problems since having my gall bladder removed... could this have caused it?

Also, are their any diet changes i can make to make it better? ive found fatty things block me up. but then another day i only just make it to the loo! :oops:

any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated. :hug:

hi hun i have IBS quite badly, symptoms can differ form person to person, mine is diarea sp? and i have it really bad after big meals or anything fatty (sorry tmi) and i really need to run to the loo, it can also be constipation or a mix of the both, i take colpramin and colafac dont make a massive difference but does help with the pain, there isnt really many test they do it is just diagnoised with symptoms hope this helps if you need any more info pm me hun hope u feel better soon :hug:

Hiya,

I have suffered from I.B.S for about 13 years. I was never given any investigations other than blood and stool samples.

It varies from person to person but I find that certain foods upset my bowels more like chocolate digestives, spicy foods and grapefruit.

I suffer from diarrhoea predominant I.B.S and I find that loperamide helps. My GP prescribes Buscopan for me which is for spasms but since I fell pregnant Last year I have never experienced the spasms.

I would advise you to try the meds first and if there is no change the go back to the doctor and request further investigation. I get annoyed when the doctors put everything down to IBS when they don't actually know what is wrong.

Keep us updated on how you are doing. I ended up suffering from anxiety because no one seemed to listen. pm me if you feel you need to chat about it. x

I have IBS and suffer from mainly constipation most of the time although I do also get diareah (sp?) when im really worried or stressed. I usually have to take something to make me go to loo otherwise I bung up, tmi sorry!

I kept a food diary and sussed out what my trigger foods are, they are spicy food, rich food, fatty foods... I basically stick to a pretty blandish diet otherwise I end up in agony with stomach cramps for days :(

High fibre diet helps aswell, you can get something called fibresure which you add some to a drink each day and that also increases your fibre intake. Ive found over the years that its trial and error as everyone is different, im more constipated but my mum is completely the opposite.

I personally have never tried any meds for IBS but have found that if im very stict with my diet then it can be controlled up to a point, just means missing out on those nice tasty foods but its better than being in constant agony! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back