I want to give BF another go! *question?? Pls help*

Oh sorry just read about the thrush so sorry :-( hope it clears up really fast xxx

His thrush seems to of gone!! Hsd drops off the drs yesterday and this morning his mouth is clear!! Will continue to use it to make sure it doesnt come bk.

I tried latchibg him this morning half way theough his bottle.. He yired for 5 secs the cried as nothing came out lol..
Im trying to squeeze n express but nothing is coming out :(

Hes just had another bottle so guna pop him in mises n try n express again.

R u looking to try again kay kay??
I dnt need breast pads anymore.. Only cones out if i squeeze really hard n even then its hardly anything :/ might be pushing my luck here.

Think ill need to use nipple shields too cos hes so used to a big teat being shoved in his mouth he isnt hugely intrested in working at my nips lol xx

Yay its cleared up! Might not have been thrush. I thought Matthew had it cos he had a white spot on the roof of his mouth but it wasn't thank god.

I only think about trying again when I'm feeling really emotional and guilty about it (which is a lot!). But I've made my decision now I can't go back, I was going crazy bf. I think he's happier now anyway x

This is what i keep going over n over in my head. I get so upset thinking about it n also upset that is try again on any oyher babies..
But i cant even get anything out. N i no itll take time but i dnt think hes intrested!? Lol xx

I know that women who have stopped feeding months or even years before can often relactate. Once your body has produced milk it never completely forgets how to do it. Some women who have never been pregnant and adopt a baby have even managed to breastfeed. It is hard work though and you might not be able to do it without help. If it's something you are really serious about you could consider using a supplementation device that feeds the baby through a small tube while he sucks on your boob. That way the baby stays interested long enough to start stimulating your milk.

Last edited:
You have to see someone about his latch, otherwise there might be undetected problem that will make it impossible.
Agree with bunnyn, you can use medela sns, this way he will suckle and stimulate your supply.
I think you should consider domperidone too to get you started. You do need commitment though.
Good luck whatever you decide x

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back