• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

i wanna change....

Baileysmummy

Reaction score
My internet provider...

im currently with virgin media and im finding they are ripping me off left right and centre, and im not having it no more grr, im so mad.. i paid them £277.06 on 5th July which was also for my phone and tv as well, i know its alot but hey thats 3 months worth..

anyway just got a bill today for another £76 wtf they just had nearly £300 off me and theres only £10 worth of calls on this new bill.. called them to find out why it was so high and ive been charged £15 late payment fee.. why i ask, you got paid last weel blah blah, he realised there mistake and has credited me, but i really cant be bothered to have to ring them every month they over flipping charge me.. also im supposed to be on the 3 for £30 tarrif, and i havent been at all, ive been paying through the roof for somehting i was led to belive i was getting for £30...

So thats it, as from october when my 12 months run out, im out of there..

only problem is, who else can provide internet without a phone line.. i have a phone line but its through virgin

do i have to conect to bt to get anyone to even consider giving us internet .. or are there ppl out there who do packages for themselves without a bt line

help!

I'm now with Sky - they require a BT line.
Previously I was with AOL - they also required a BT line.

Have you tried Wanadoo, or Blueyonder? I'm sure there is someone who can provide the internet without you having to have a BT line.

thanks nicola hun.. im gonna have to get the yellow pages oyut i think.. or look over the internet to see what ppl offer...

There are the cable companies like telewest? (I personally don't like them but a lot of people do..) They probably have the same area cables as Virgin..

think telewest are now part of virgin :think:
I'm sure that virgin are the only one's who do it without a BT line which is a bummer for you. Why don't you try telling them you're hacked off and leaving? They might give you a couple of month free. They should never of misled you like that :twisted: You could look into a consumer action group about it.
I'd give you a link but I'm only just capable of posting :oops:

with baby on way we were thinking about doing that 3 for 30 :shock: is it really that bad ?

G3M said:
with baby on way we were thinking about doing that 3 for 30 :shock: is it really that bad ?

well we got told thats what we had signed up for, same idea as you, baby on the way we thought it was great..

but because we was in arrears with our bill, they said we didnt qualify for the discount at the time of being in arrears, we cleared it all up at beginning of month just to get another bill today stating we are paying £39.15 instead of £30.. i called them and they said we had never signed up for 3 for £30.. what a cheek, the women on the phone did it for me 5 months ago, cos i told them i was gonna leave, so thats what she was gonna put us on.. but nope, they hind you for loads of money you havent spent..also if you dont pay dd they charge you £5, and a late payment fee of £10..

tbh virgin is a load of crap...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back