• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

i thought preschool was free?

clairescunny55

Reaction score
i was under the impression that children over 3 could go to playschool for free? ive just got millies acceptance letter and its £7 per session :shock:

you get vouchers for 5 sessions from the government who will cover the cost for those. anyhting over that you pay

beanie said:
you get vouchers for 5 sessions from the government who will cover the cost for those. anyhting over that you pay

how do i get the vouchers?

My Brother who is 3 goes to Playschool and my Mum pays £5 a session (a session lasts 3 hours).

it is only free from the term AFTER they are 3 so it depends when their birthday is and its for 15 hours anything over that u have to pay for

Yep it depends when they were born. Lydia will be 3 on 25th September, so from January she will be entitled to her free nursery sessions. Only 15 hours a week though.

how many hours is she doing hun and it depends on school intake some councils have 3 intakes some have 2 and some have 1 thats what i was told

i would have a word hun thats not right, Hannah is 3 on the 20th august and she starts 15 hours free on the 3rd of september

I got told that the first school term after their 3rd Birthday.
Amy was 3 in the January and she got it free when they went back in easter

Its 2.5 Hours a day free, anything over that is paid for.
Amy goes to a state nursery (nursery in the school) not a private one just for the mornings. 8.55 til 11.20.

You should get a letter when it is time to fill in the form.

it is free the term after your child turns 3, well my girls got it free :?

ive never heard of paying for it before! its not compulsary for you to send your child ntil they are 4 anyways..

I dont pay either, stephen was 3 when he started. We enrolled him and sally the leader said they allplied to the goverment for the fundin

I would check with the pre-school/nursery again if they apply for government funding. Everyone is right every child, the term after they are 3, is entitled to 12.5 hours of pre-school education. In my experience some Early Years settings (pre-school/nursery/day nursery etc.) charge but this is because they offer a longer session e.g. 9-1 and then charge a "top up" fee to cover the extra time. In our area there is OK at the moment, but it is under review.

If the nursery say they are not claiming for the government funding then either 1. tell them they can and direct them to speak to their local education authority for advice or 2. find a provision that DOES claim for the funding.

good luck. You never know, that letter might be the wrong one...perhaps it was sent by mistake??? meant for younger children??

let us know how you get on x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back