I think my boobs are gonna explode! HELP!

Miracle babe

Reaction score
OK I managed to breast feed Rowan the colostrum as I had hoped before the docs put me back on my arthritis meds which means I had to put him on the bottle :cry: I know its the right thing to do as I want to still be able to pick him up and hold him and cuddle him and without the drugs it could turn nasty very quickly but now I'm left with the horrible legacy of breast engorgement and I think I'm goona explode!!
They are officially bigger than Lea's of Big Brother :shock: And as hard as rocks, I can hardly lower my arms as my glands under there are up aswell.
My question is how long is this likely to last and is there ANYTHING I can do or take to help the situation. I really dont want to try expressing as its just too painful and I've tried hot and cold compresses. I think it shocked me tonight when I lay back in the bath and my boobs which usually run and hide under my arms remained pointing straight up, guess this is what fake boobs feel like :(
The hubby is impressed but feeling gutted he cant touch :rotfl:

o u poor thing miracle!!! :hug: :hug:

can u not express the milk and store it for Rowan to have in a bottle??

I havent had that happen to me so im not the best to give advice but big hugs for your poor body!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

p.s lol at the fake boob comment!! :rotfl:

put a warm flannel on your breasts miracle babe and sit in a warm bath. This will releive them a little and get rid of access milk.

this is going to sound silly but have you tried a cold cabbage leaf in your bra? its bliss.

OMG i really really feel sorry for you, i had it sooooo bad after my 2, i dindt breast feed atall and day 3 was unbelievable i was in tears i sat in the bath with warm water on my boobs, but the pain was to much i couldnt lift Harley or Dior so i resulted to epsom salts. they are salts to help with constipation and my mum told me to take some it made all the milk dry up and poor out, i was in such a mess i took the salts lay sat on the sofa, to lay was to painfull took my bra off sat with 2 cups and let them leak. but sorry to say that because mine went like leas they have now streched and look saggy :roll:

Oh hun, I do sympathise with you, it really does hurt :( Mine started to go down after a few days.
I did what the others suggested, have a warm bath & try & squeeze some of the excess out to ease them a bit. :hug:

i lovedd my boobs 3 days after birth i looked like i had a boob job! :cheer:

but now im expressing every day there no as hard

Try lying in the bath with your boobs submerged. The milk will flow out on its own so you wont have to touch them. If your bath is not deep enough, lie on one side at a time!!

Hope this helps!! :)

A nice hot bath really does help!

I tried the Savoy thing but hated smelling like cabbages so knocked it on the head! :rotfl:

Hope it passes soon :)

hev&madi said:
i lovedd my boobs 3 days after birth i looked like i had a boob job! :cheer:

but now im expressing every day there no as hard

they were bloody huge, couldnt believe my eyes :D :D just a pity hev was in so much discomfort with em :cry:

:rotfl: Ricki, my DH was the same! He is gutted we didn't weigh and measure them!

Miracle Babe I heated up some olive oil and massaged my breasts and they leaked like a waterfall and went down loads even the glands. I warn you its not fair to do it in front of the DH though as mine will testify to :rotfl:

skatty said:
:rotfl: Ricki, my DH was the same! He is gutted we didn't weigh and measure them!

Miracle Babe I heated up some olive oil and massaged my breasts and they leaked like a waterfall and went down loads even the glands. I warn you its not fair to do it in front of the DH though as mine will testify to :rotfl:

weighing and measuring, damn, didnt think of that :roll: :roll: whered i leave that tape measure :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back