I think my baby is crying in the womb :(

SaraLouise

Reaction score
Omg I think baby Harrison is crying in the womb! I've really feared this from when I found out that they could!

But there was a loud bang on the telly, and I happened to have my hand my tummy. He did like a little jump, then my bump was kind of going up & down (kind of like a slow ppulsating movement) ike a baby's chest does when they are crying and then there was like a little quiver. It only lasted about 15 seconds.

100% Defnitely not hiccups, and definitely not that little seizure/shaking thing that they do.

Awh I feel so bad! I can't comfort my baby!!

I didn't even know they could do this!!! aww that's so sad maybe just rock to try and comfort him :( xxx

Oh well i never realised they could! But that would be horrible to know they were upset and you cant help :( xx

Wow I didn't realise they did that! That is sad :(

I suppose they are generally pretty happy in there though and in familiar surroundings so they are soon able to comfort themselves x

There's a YouTube video of an ultrasound that shows it really clearly, its awful!

I think it could also be just their nervous system reacting too maybe they can't cry surely as can't take in air? But I think the gentle rocking motion should help if baby is distressed at all xx

Wow I didn't know this. Poor little thing, I'm sure he's fine in there though xx

Aaaww I didn't know that. Aah I'm sure rubbing and stroking your belly with soothe him and also they are in a happy place in warm, familiar surroundings soI'm sure he'll be fine xx

I guess in some ways its a good thing - it shows he developing really well, but just breaks my heart knowing I can't give him a little cuddle.

I put some oil on him after because he seems to really like that, so hopefully that cheered him up a bit x

you can comfort them......rocking your body like you would if you were holding them in your arms and also the sound of your voice is familiar and soothing to them - so talk to him exactly how you would if they were not in you belly :)

sometimes if you sing a song to them enough times when they are in your belly, when they come out and are upset you can sing it to them and it calms them as they associate it with being safe inside you.

you can comfort them......rocking your body like you would if you were holding them in your arms and also the sound of your voice is familiar and soothing to them - so talk to him exactly how you would if they were not in you belly :)

sometimes if you sing a song to them enough times when they are in your belly, when they come out and are upset you can sing it to them and it calms them as they associate it with being safe inside you.

thats a lovely idea! xx

I didn't know baby could cry in the womb either! I told my mum we saw baby having a drink on the ultrasound and she looked like I'd gone mad. She asked me what exactly the baby was drinking. Haha!

That video is amazing, never knew they could cry before birth. I'm sure baby is fine as others said he's in a very comforting and familiar place x

hmmm not 100% convinced its crying to be honest

At our 13 wk scan baby was doing exactly that and the sonographer told us baby was drinking the fluid and would later pass that back out.
so I wonder wether this baby doing the same - seems more likely than a baby crying in the womb

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back