Shaky baby

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by LouisecH, Nov 7, 2005.

1. LouisecH

LouisecH Well-Known Member

Hi

I'm sure I've read about other people feeling this, but does anyone elses baby suddenly start shaking and twitching?

I thought it might be hiccups at first but it's not regular. It just happens for about 10 seconds and stops. My tummy looks ever so weird when it happens like it's got a nervous tic :shock:

It's not worrying me I'd just love to know what she's doing in there!

2. Guest

I get this a lot too and it feels very very odd. No idea what he is doing in there either! Feels like shivers too sometimes. I too wondered if it was hiccups at first though. Whilst I was in hospital and on the monitors 2 or 3 times a day, baby had hiccups quite a few of them times, and it sounds very funny on the monitor to hear it!

3. SarahB

SarahB Well-Known Member

Yes my wee bean does this quite a lot, and my tummy looks so funny when it happens. I was a bit worried when it first started happening but I have since heard of it happening to loads of people. I've no idea what it is though!!!

4. Skidoo

Skidoo Well-Known Member

oooh - I've had that! Every now and then when I've put my hand on my belly there's this wierd shivery feeling like she's vibrating at high frequency and then it just stops. I'd just put it out of my mind until I saw this thread. It's wierd.

5. LouisecH

LouisecH Well-Known Member

I just saw this on another site which may answer the question:

For some reason that made me laugh which is a bit mean really isn't it.

6. petchy

petchy Well-Known Member

hmm, wonder what's so startling about me trying to sleep.. that's when mine does that! maybe i'm snoring when i'm half asleep and haven't realised! :shock: i can imagine THAT being pretty startling!!

7. Guest

Hahaha the last two posts Louise and Petchy made me laugh.

Can just imagine my little one inside my belly suddenly waking up and doing the dancing baby dance fromt hat song a few years ago!! :lol: (or that only me who remembers that :oops: )

8. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

No I remember it Sami, and my baby does the shiver thing too, I guess they all do then?!

Sometimes I'm baffled as to what she's getting up to inthere lol! :D

9. emilia

emilia Well-Known Member

Whenever this bunny does the shakes, I say it's got the "heebie geebies". As long as it doesn't come out with a glittery suit and black sideburns!!!!! :shock:
    Emilia xx

10. emma1976

emma1976 Well-Known Member

I was worried about that and was thinking that mabe my baby had epilepsy or something and how would I help the poor thing if it's inside me. Phew my baby is OK.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx