I think I may have anxiety

I used to suffer from anxiety disorder and I had panick attacks. I got through it and over it with councelling and help. x

Aww big hugs hon :hugs:I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this, I've suffered with it on and off for years but there is definately light at the end of the tunnel! You've taken the first step which is asking for help - admitting how you feel is sometimes the hardest part. Don't worry about your OH - he will come round - my OH really struggled understanding things at first and it wasn't till I gave him some leaflets from the doctor to read that he began to understand that it's an actual illness. See what your doc has to say - as some of the other girls have said CBT is a great therapy - I haven't been lucky enough to try it yet as there's no where nearby but I did see a lady who helped with my breathing when I get panic attacks.

Don't worry hon you are not losing the plot at all - as you can see from the ladies in here it's quite a common thing just sometimes seen as a taboo subject which people don't like to talk about but it's nothing to be ashamed of. Go with whatever your doc recommends as they know best - like Jenny said I'm now back on a very low dose of tablets to curb it but have been assured they're very safe. Good luck for this arvo and let us know how it goes x x x

hope appointment went ok too, know its so much help to get for anxity today and its really so many people who have that but dont even know themselves.. x

Thanks ladies, my mw was lovely, she doesnt want to refer me to the doc just yet she wants me to try some relaxation methods first and see how I get on. She wants me to try listening to some relaxing music when i start to feel like anxiety is taking over and carry on going to aquanatal as that will help. She also said writing my feelings down could help, thinking of starting a diary or blog.
Im going to see my mw again on Tues. She listened into baby aswel and checked where my uterus was to help put my mind at rest, cant believe its just under my bellybutton already!
I feel better now I have spoken to you ladies and my mw about it and my mw is keeping an eye on me x x

I'm really pleased your appointment went well!! Writing your feelings down is a brilliant idea, it was part of what I was asked to do with my therapy. What triggered my anxiety and how I was feeling when it happen and I had to write down all the worries too! I'm really really happy you feel a little better :hugs::friends:

Thanks for all your help and support today Mookie :)
Im going to start writing things down as of today and im going to see if itunes does any relaxation music i can download on my ipod and start using that, hopefully it will work and It can keep it under control x x

Glad you're appointment went well. And I think its good the mw isn't referring you yet. It sounds like the anxiety has been triggered by the miscarriage which is to be expected, you always seem to be quite a level-headed person. Writing down how you're feeling is a great way to deal with stuff. Hope the relaxation music and aquanatal classes help too honey

x

So glad your appointment went well and you're feeling a little better :flower: Writing down your feelings is a great idea. I also find relaxing baths help (light some candles and listen to relaxation music), gentle exercise such as walking or swimming or watching a favourite dvd x x

Yes I have anxiety. When I do I get Obsessive compulsive disorder. I check taps, cooker, you name it. I used to panic on tubs and when I was pregnant I panicked flying and on a coach.

Pregnancy really does bring out anxiety and it is difficult when you can't take anyting for it. I had some CBT and can't recommend it more. The NHS ones are usually no where near as good at the ones you pay for. The more you pay the better they are in my experience. It really helped me when I was pregnant. With my I thought this would go away when I had the baby but it didn't. My anxitey went from the giving birth to concerns about the baby. I was resisting going to the docs to get tablets and I got worse until one day I flipped and said I couldn't cope and then started to take tablets and continued with my CBT. I am soooo much better now.

I am not saying things won't improve for you after the baby but be mindful and don't beat yourself up if you need some help. Even the toughest mothers struggle.

I hope it all calms down for you. Most women are the same.

Good luck xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back