I still don't feel at all well :(

debecca

Reaction score
I know you're all probably fed up of my whinging (I know my husband is) but I'm sure this isn't normal in pregnancy.

Every day follows roughly the same pattern. I eat my breakfast and then an hour later I get extremely sick and dizzy and have to go and lie down. I normally go to sleep at this point.

I then get up, eat lunch, attempt to do something constructive, and again about an hour after the food I nearly pass out again.

I spend most days either sitting or (more commonly) lying down feeling really really rough. The irony is that on some days (1 in 5?) I feel perfectly fine and I'm able to actually go to the supermarket or do stuff.

I'm doing what the midwife told me because of my ketones and eating primarily carbs and lots of them - but I just hate feeling this bad. I am crying lots too because I feel rough and my poor husband doesn't know what to do with his snivelling pathetic wife. I'm crying as I write this.

To top it all off, there is SO much that needs doing and I can't bring myself to do any of it. I posted on another thread that climbing the stairs feels like climbing Everest and it's no exaggeration.

AND I am a complete needle phobic and my blood tests came back saying "repeat in 1 month"... :shock: :evil:

Anyway, I don't expect any replies, I just feel better for having written it all down - thanks for listening :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm with you on the crying - lately I can't stop and once the tears start that is it i don't seem to be able to stop.

Is your BP ok?
It sounds a little to me like you have Low BP and that's why you are feeling dizzy and need to lie down.

Leave the housework or whatever needs doing and do it when you feel up to it.

:hug:

awww hun :hug: :hug: :hug: millions of hugs to you!

Dont worry about crying for a start! Hormones = tears, simple. Your hubby will love you no matter how much you cry, its not like you have turned into someone else and you're going to stay like that forever. You're growing a little Connie and its bound to send you doolally :hug: I know Im all over the place :lol:

I havent felt well either lately, I feel so sick as soon as I get up and in the last week or so Im so shattered! I just want to nap all the time. I can stay awake for an hour then its nap nap time! :sleep:

Definately speak to your midwife again and get her to check you over. Its probably coming to that time now where we feel all haggered and exhausted. How on earth people manage to work this far in pregnancy I'll never know! I can barely keep up with the 'watching daytime TV schedule'!

Im needle phobic too so I know how you feel on that, I have the GTT on thurs and Im dreading it. I just know Im going to pass out or throw up :? Id be ok if I could at least eat or it was only one needle but its starvation and two blood tests :puke:

Dont worry about the things that need doing, they'll still be there another day for you to do if you really want to, or why not ask hubby to help you out? Just tell him you feel absolutely exhausted and would really appreciate the help :D

Give yourself a break hun and hope you fel better soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aw thanks for replying hun :hug:

My BP is all right at the moment (112 / 78) so I don't think it can be that? Whatever it is it must be related to this ketones nonsense in my system.

As for leaving housework, fine, but what about the masters assignment due in next week that I haven't done any of the work for that I was supposed to be doing for the last four weeks?! :shock:

Oh well, looks like I'll be spending my birthday doing Maths :evil:

sorry you are feeling so rough debecca, it must be horrible. Try and stay positive, i know it isn't easy when yhou are feeling so bad. I don't feel any sickness just constant fatigue which i find so frustrating, like you I am often lying down or in front of the tv and only going out when I really have to. Just bear with it, it is all for a good cause and your littleun will be with you soon. Were your iron levels checked? you could be anaemic which would make you feel pretty rubbish. Keep your chin up, sending you lots of hugs, :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks Tilly, Towers!

My iron levels were what the 28 week bloods were checking for I think... the doctor just wrote on them by hand "REPEAT IN 1 MONTH" with no indication of why or what that meant so I am assuming at the moment that my levels are borderline normal?

I am eating lots of green leafy veg and trying to get my iron up naturally.

I am just so utterly fed up, and that makes me feel terrible because I really really love Connie and can't wait til she's here so I feel like I shouldn't be moaning about her leeching off me when I love her so much and I would do anything for her.

Does that make sense? :wall:

hi honey

i was feeling exactly the same last week and always after breakfast too,
the sickness was the worse well no all of it. Last week I bought some natural iron flurodix you take with orange juice and after 2 days I have to say I feel like a new woman, it is £8.00 quite expensive but I think we need loads of iron at this point and sometimes our bodies don't absorb enough from food esp if you drink milk, tea, coffee or take antacids, they stop the absorption
good luckx

debecca said:
I am just so utterly fed up, and that makes me feel terrible because I really really love Connie and can't wait til she's here so I feel like I shouldn't be moaning about her leeching off me when I love her so much and I would do anything for her.

Does that make sense? :wall:

Awww :( you sound like you need LOTS of cuddles :hug: :hug: :hug: Dont feel bad Bex, its hard work making a baby! Especially the biff babies we're making! Plus we have size 3 feet and are 5ft 1 - that has to add to the stressnesssssss :lol: You arent moaning at Connie are you so dont worry. I winge all the time :hug: :hug: :hug:

Do you get paper copies of your blood results to stick in your notes? I get the papers from my blood results and it says on there what my iron levels are

x

Blimey Bex, you're always moaning!

Just kidding!!!! (Only saying that cos you said it in your first post) ;)

Aww, you do sound like you're feeling bad right now. You poor thing. Is hubby being sympathetic toward you? I hope he is!

You need to relax and just take it easy. You might be stressing yourself out and making yourself feel worse through stress... I know how that feels because I've managed it loads of times.

Don't feel guilty for moaning. I used to in the early days when I thought about everything but you know, we're entitled! We're going through a huge change here and it's sometimes very difficult.

So anyway, hugs to you and relax... you know where I am if you want me too xxxx

how do you feel when you eat something non-carb??

ketones can be a sign that you arent eating enough carbs as they indicate you are burning protein for energy instead of carbs....but technically they are the by-product of incompletely digested fat....im wondering if there might be an alternative to the presence of ketones other than the carb thing

if you're getting fuzzy headed after eating carbs it sounds like carb sensitivity /overload (.ive had it when carb-loading for competitions...) ..but youve been told to eat more carbs :think: doesnt make sense to me :? sorry, i know that doesnt help much but if your symptoms were from lack of carbs you'd have been feeling better within a day or 2 after increasing them

have they looked at your insulin function, because if you're not producing enough insulin to deal with the glucose in your blood (which is going to be a lot higher now you're eating so many carbs) it will cause even more ketosis leading to ketoacidosis which has symptoms including nausea and vomiting and fatigue

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Pregnancy is hard work, your body is doing lots of crazy things and it is completely normal to feel so out of sorts. Don't ever think that you're whinging, you are having a bumpy ride and you need some moral support! :hug: :hug: :hug:
I think your results must have been borderline and that is why you have to do them again, but it must be annoying having to wait that long to get some answers. If it is any consolation, most of my days consist of waking and eating breakfast at about 8.30. Going back to bed at 10am because I feel dizzy. Waking at 12.30, showering, eating lunch and then a few hours of either watching TV or housework depending on how dizzy I feel. I may have another nap around 4pm. I am certainly not whizzing around doing loads, and like Tilly, I don't know how people manage working up to 35/36 weeks, I would be on my knees.
I think you should definately be kinder to yourself,there is a lot happening physically and emotionally. If your masters work can't get done because of how you are feeling, can you get an extension or a postponment and go back to it after Connie arrives and you are settled into a routine? It maybe worth finding out about it.....you wouldn't be failing, just putting it off until you feel more able. Please look after yourself, nothing is more important than your health and Connie. And remember, this is temporary, however bad it is, it will end, I promise :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Debecca- I hope you feel better soon, it sounds like you are having a really rough pregnancy.

Gymbabeliz seems to be making a good point- I guess you could try eating less carbs for a day or two and see if symptoms persist? She really knows her stuff I reckon! If you feel no better then start eating lots of carbs again and see your midwife.

Feel better :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: I'm sorry that you arent enjoying mat leave yet - get the MW or GP to tell you why they want to repeat your bloods - they should have done this already, naughty people. Sounds like you cant do anymore than you are. Can you put masters on hold until after baby or do you have to do it now? ++ pressure? :hug:

Aww Bex
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug::hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lots of hugs for you. :hug:

There is some good advice in this thread.

I think you need to have a long chat with your midwife and get to the bottom of the problem once and for all, even if its just for a chat. You need your blood test results for a start. Just think you only have 9/10 weeks left its not long then it will all seem worth it. You never know as Connie is growing nicely she may arrive at 37 weeks so she could be here in 6 weeks :shock:. No one thinks your moaning you have been having a rough time with this pregnancy but your on the home straight now just remember that it will be over very very soon and you will have a beautiful little girl to show for it.

If I were you I would be going straight to see my GP?

Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back