• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I never thought it would happen.....

Vickyleigh

Reaction score
I found out I was pregnant a week ago today (Tuesday) and It's still a shock!
So heres my story...

I was with my ex boyfriend for 5 years and we tried for a baby for about 4 years but it never happened, I didn't get pregnant. (he has a child from a previous relationship) He became very violant towards me and I often had to take regular trips to the hospital for the injuries he gave me not only was he violant but he also cheated on me and gave me chlamydia which developed into pelvic infamitory diease (sp) and I was told I was more then likely infertile so I convinced myself I would never have children. We split up 2 years ago and I met my current boyfriend 7 months ago. I was on the pill but came of it about 3 months ago due to the side effects I was getting. I didn't think I would get pregnant as I thought I was infertile but last week I noticed I hadn't had a period for a couple of months so I did a boots own brand pregnancy test which came out positive so I went back to boots and bought a clear blue digital test which also came out positive! I went dizzy with shock and had to sit on the floor before I fainted lol. I've got my first scan on Thursday to find out how far gone I'am but I still can't believe i'm having a baby! The best part was my boyfriends face after I told him, what a good picture that would have made :D I now believe that my ex wasn't the right person to have a baby with and now I have a brilliant boyfriend and it must be the right time for me to have a baby.

Congratulations Vickyleigh I am delighted for you after all you've been through you certainly deserve some happiness.

WOW Vicky - congratulations sweetie and all the best throughout your pregnancy :hug: :hug: :hug: :cheer:

Fate works in mysterious ways eh!

Im really pleased for you and wish you all the best, now relax and enjoy the miracle :D

Thank you so much :hug:

I had so many worries and concerns when I found out but then I read through this forum and now i'm not worried at all you've all helped me so much I can't thank you enough.
I'm a dancer and I gave it up as soon as I found out I was pregnant because there is to much jumping up and down and I don't want to cause any injuries to my stomach that could harm the baby. I've had to pull out of a show I was supposed to be in next month but the baby comes first, I can carry on dancing after the baby is here.

So, so happy for you - you have really cheered my day up!

Well done you!!!

Congratulations!!!
your have to let us know how the scan goes x

Well done :cheer:

And so nice to hear you have a lovely caring fella now :D

Awwww thats such a great story, wishing you all the luck in the world babe :hug:

Hi Hun,
Thats fantastic for you, I totally believe your body knows it's safe to have a baby now, and don't worry too much about the dancing. My mate was a podium dancer in Ibiza (sp?) and she danced until she was 5 months gone !!!

Lucky you will have no prob getting back into shape after baba arrives !!

Just wanted to add my congratulations!!! :)

~Tulips

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back