I need to rant since am confused!!!

AyeshaD

Reaction score
two week before returning to work, send me flexibility form. Asked me what time and days I can work so Ive told them. I filled it out and send it back as recorded delivery first class, strange enough they told me they haven't received it and negotiated days and times I can work temporarily and said when you come back fill it again and sort it out.

After a month later, they gave a written letter saying " sorry we cant change" Grrr!

As working mum am eligible to work flexible hours that suits me not suits them right?

Shall I write a letter to head-office or talk out to store manager, Oh BTW I work in retail.

Hey Hun, as far as I'm aware an employer is not obliged to give you the hours/days that you request. They are required to look at your request and try and accommodate you as much as reasonably possible but if your requests don't suit business needs then they can refuse. They must give you a good reason though.

Your only legal right is to make the request, employers can refuse if there is a valid business reason.

As said above-employers don't have to accommodate you if there's a valid reason why.
Eg if I worked in a care home doing 12hr shifts and asked for half days (6hrs at a time) they wouldn't allow it unless i could find someone to work the other half of the shift. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back