I need a Rant...

Pregnopaws

Reaction score
:wink:

Sorry guys But I am just disgusted at the customer service I got this morning at a local mothercare!!

I went in to look at prams and knowing NOTHING about prams I thought I'd get some help. I walked around for AGES before I found anyone I could ask for assistance. Eventually I stopped a woman and asked her if she would show me.

Well she actually ROLLED her eyes and stomped over to the prams, pointed to them and said.. "Thats what we've got in stock!"
I then said "well I can SEE that but how do they fold up and how do they work etc??"

Well, by the look on her face, you would have thought I was asking her to write me a cheque for ten grand!!! She grabbed hold of the nearest one and wheeled it back and forth in a hurry going .."you push prams like THIS" hitting on the break multiple times like she was speeding off on a motorway!! She then heard someone calling her and ran off without another word! I was like :shock:

Then my husband came in and joined me and I said to him, come on lets get out of here.. no WAY am I spending my hard earned money in here!!

Can you believe people can be so MEAN? Whats the point of being a sales person when you obviously dont want to try and sell anything ! I should have complained about her, but then I thought no that would mean making MORE of an effort than she did and I really couldnt be bothered either since she'd prob deny everything anyway and I dont wanna stress myself or the LO!! What a horrible cow..!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:hug: :hug: :hug: aww hun sorry it wasnt a great experiance for you. I bet she aint working on comission then :rotfl:

Some people can be so rude, makes you wonder why they applied for the jobs :roll:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

You should get her name and make a complaint to their head office, thats just not on! Our local one is as bad, they seem to only employ spotty youths!!!!

I know the systems are more expensive but have you thought about Mamas and Paps, I went in there for a demo and ended up being in there for about an hour and a half whilst a really lovely girl showed me everything they had, how to dismantle them, all their different purposes etc! She was so sweet she has even remebered me everytime I have been in since and she remembered when my scan was and then what I am calling the baby!!! Now thats what I call customer service!!

id deffinatly make a complaint,
and i would have probably, caused her alot of problems in the shop as well,
if they have a job they should bloody well do it properly.
ffs

sorry you got shite service there hunni :hug: :hug:

cos any numbnuts can get a job in a shop lol

:hug: Thanks ladies, i feel lots better now...what would i do without this forum and chocolate!! :wink:

That's absolutely appalling! What she said and the way she behaved was quite obviously sarcastic. In your shoes, I would definitely have asked to speak to the manager. After all, she's just lost them a sale worth quite a bit of money (plus many potential future sales) and could well be doing it with many other Mums to be. She sounds like a liability.

In fact, I'd be tempted to email Head Office. They'd certainly come down on her like a tonne of bricks.

Glad you're feeling a bit better now, though. Chocolate certainly seems to have strange restorative powers!

Put in a complaint!

I bet the manager of that store would welcome your feedback on that rude bint!

i would complain to the head office, you went for help she certainly didnt wanna give it.. she shouldnt be working there if thats her attitude towards ppl who havent a clue about prams etc..

grr mother care

tbh thinking about it (dad just rang me)
mothercare were bollocks, when i went in there, i wanted a carry cot, and the one they had out the the old version, i asked if there was any out back and they took ages out the back and said no, only the new one(the reason i wanted a old version was cos it had a hood on it the new one didnt)
anyways after humming and harrrrring and shiz the woman was like ill look on the computer and she did and the new one was in stock and they did have hoods, but we just ordered one to be deleivered :D
cos dad said he wasnt coming back to the store again cos they were fucking useless.

i dont think any of them knew what they were doing

we had the same thing at Mothercare World in Slough... In the end, we gave up, walked out and drove to Toys R Us in Reading and got everything from there instead!!!

The staff were much more helpful there... they took their time, helping us try lots of different travel systems in our car, explaining how to fit the car seat properly...

Would recommend Toys R Us over Mothercare anytime

Like the others have said I would defo complain, people like that really get up my nose. Ok, we all have our off days & quite often hate our jobs but to take it out on a customer is disgraceful.

Its strange actually coz we've had soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many problems with things breaking etc etc (won't bore you with the details) and Mothercare was by far the best customer service we've had for years.
Our stroller hood kept coming off, we've had it about 6 months & thought, as we were passing, would go in and mention it & see if we could get a new one (hood not buggy!) and were expecting to pay for it, anyhoo, they said thats not on & it shouldn't have broken etc & ordered a new one for us, telling us they would phone as soon as it was in, apologised & said we wouldn't have to pay (woohoo!) a couple of days later they phoned & said they couldn't get a new hood so come in & pick any other stoller for free :shock: I nearly cried with gratitude :lol:
It was such a shock to offered something & get great service without having to fight for it ( we're currently fighting to get a new t.v or get our one repaired - 6 weeks old & broken :roll: )

I won't go to the Mothercare in the metro center because of thier cr@ppy attitudes and rubbish customer services.
I came home a wrote a letter but of course never got round to posting it... you go girl, represent all us weaker females. Mothercare suck.

And you might get vouchers or something!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back