I need a good stroller...UPDATED 1ST POST

pilkers

Reaction score
Evie needs a smaller pram that I can just chuck in the back of the car and isn't too bulky... especially for when we go to Italy in August/Sept.

I've looked at the Silvercross Fizz...I like the idea that I can remove the seat pads and the seat then becomes a mesh seat so it keeps her cooler..it's also only 4.5kgs

has anybody had any experience of this stroller and what its like?

what stroller do you use and why????

UPDATE - Bought a Silver Cross Pop in Wasabi. Love it...I'm so impressed with my drinks holder. Evie is a bit nonchalant about the whole thing though :wall: :roll: she needs to learn the art of enjoying shopping still

I didn't get the Fizz because the owner of the shop that I went to told me that she wouldn't even stock it as it was such a poo pram. She said the seat pad was crap and when removed the mesh seat left marks all over her babies legs, back and arms because it was such a hrash material. Needless to say she completely put me off! Will post pic as soon as I can x

I bought a Maclaren Quest last week and I love it! It was £109 from Mothercare and bought a footmuff for it online for £25 - bargain! It's really light, folds up great and feels good to push!

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 8&mcb=core
http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 0001_#zoom

KC06549_m.jpg

We've got the Maclaren Triumph as it's only 4kg and folds up pretty small. It reclines - although not totally flat, but enough so that their head isn't lolling forward.

I think the only things I've found to be a pain is that if you want to put a foot muff on it (or take off..) you have to thread the straps through the back which is a faff. You can't really put a changing bag over the handles either as it's really too light.

All in all I'd give it 9/10

Kylie, have you seen these small changing bags? I bought one to go with my stroller last week as the Jane bag I have is way too big.

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 104_10001_

It's small and really good for all the essentials. I can easily fit nappies, wipes, a change of clothes, my purse, phone and other bits and bobs in there along with the changing mat and bottle insulator it comes with.

They are actually £9.99 in store just now. :)

That's a good idea however...we use washable nappies which are quite bulky so do you think they would fit in that?

pilkers said:
Evie needs a smaller pram that I can just chuck in the back of the car and isn't too bulky... especially for when we go to Italy in August/Sept.

I've looked at the Silvercross Fizz...I like the idea that I can remove the seat pads and the seat then becomes a mesh seat so it keeps her cooler..it's also only 4.5kgs

I cannot express how hot it is this year in the med...get the one you can take the seat pads off so its cooler for you LO.... if I could get one like that I would cos lil miss sweats so much, but I've not seen anything like that for sale :)

Squiglet said:
pilkers said:

I cannot express how hot it is this year in the med...get the one you can take the seat pads off so its cooler for you LO.... if I could get one like that I would cos lil miss sweats so much, but I've not seen anything like that for sale :)

thanks Squig...maybe you could get one shipped out!

Kylie1007 said:
That's a good idea however...we use washable nappies which are quite bulky so do you think they would fit in that?

Ah, probably not if they're very bulky. :?

DebbieM said:
I bought a Maclaren Quest last week and I love it! It was £109 from Mothercare and bought a footmuff for it online for £25 - bargain! It's really light, folds up great and feels good to push!

I just bought this last week too - I'm hoping it will do for Lucy on the odd time she needs it now and then for the baby when its old enough.

Have to say I love it and wish I'd bought it sooner. Its so light and easy to push - great little buggy!

:wave: hello ladies

I was looking at the Maclaren Quest thismorning because I need a lightweight stroller for James. I can hardly lift my Pliko P3. The Quest says from 3months...James is 2months. Do you rekon he'd be ok in it? I cant try him out in it as I live no-where near shops so I was going to get it online :think:

x

i use the city mini - i bought it after lozzi said she really liked it :wink: :lol:

http://www.babyjogger.com/cityminimain.htm

its fab!! its really light, folds up with one hand, and kept connor nice and cool when we were in spain a couple of weeks ago - the hood comes right the way down so pretty much the whole buggy is shaded. its really well designed and made, very easy to manouevre and i am unable to fault it in any way :D

Is he a good size Sarah? If he can support his head I would say he is ok. It's from 3 months as it doesn't lay flat....

i really love my silvercross pop i got last week , it was even ok for lifting with leland in it and carrying it up the stairs today on the tube !

but the one with removable seats sounds good and i like the weight ! not seen one in life tho ?

Another vote for Maclaren quest here...

Tillytots we put Phoebe in it from 2 and a half months and she was fine, as long as he can hold his head quite well should be fine :)

G3M said:
i really love my silvercross pop i got last week , it was even ok for lifting with leland in it and carrying it up the stairs today on the tube !

i saw g3m's buggy today and thought it was neat - its nice and narrow so would be v easy to take on buses etc.

I love our Quinny Zapp - folds really small, is really lightweight and has the maneuvrability of a 3 wheeler because it is a 3 wheeler :D

I love it in every way and after Adele had seen mine, previously thinking her buggy was lightweight, she bought one too and now prefers 3 wheels to 4 :D

We have a citymini too and it is fantastic: really lightweight, folds with one hand and keeps Ella really cool (you can open up the back to get a draught through). Also the best thing for me as a holiday buggy is the hood, which as purple13 says covers almost the whole baby.

It seems like it is designed by a mum as it has so many good features!(only drawback for me is that it isn't parent facing)

Sarah, this one is suitable from birth as it reclines fully we put Ella in it at about 6 wks and she was fine.

thanks girls, James holds his head really well and he is a nice size - 12-12 and half lb now :D now my only dilema is colour :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back