I need 2 new slings

Hazel

Reaction score
I haven't used the sling for over a month as it's been icy and my back has been killing me (literally couldn't walk for the past few weeks :( ). I needed to pop to the shop round the corner today so I got the sling and put Connie in it and OMG she has got heavy, it's a mothercare own brand and she's now squashed in it as the straps don't extend any further.

We will be getting something like this with a rucksack attached for when we go hiking in the summer.
http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... er_product

I just want something inexpensive that I can just throw her in if I need to pop to the shop or to the post box. I want something that is easy to get her in and out of. I'm not bothered about colour/style.

I'm finding the car seat a bit heavy to be lugging around now so if I need to go into a shop for 10 minutes I want to be able to put her in a sling that goes on my hip so needs to be easy to use so I can do it in the carpark. I've been using the premaxx hammock sling on my hip the past few times I've gone into a shop but find it uncomfortable on my shoulder. I've been looking at something called peanut shell. I never got any use out of the premaxx when she was tiny as she would never go in it as liked her arms free.

With the warmer weather ( :lol: ) coming soon in spring I will be wanting to use slings more often as I've been finding my big bulky ski coat gets in the way at the moment.

I was thinking about one of those ones with rings in as I could use it as a back carrier and a hip carrier but was wondering if they were fiddly. Would I be beter off getting 2 different slings?

What about a mei tai Hazel? I don't know much about the rucksack carriers but they don't look too comfy for the person carrying! Ring slings I wouldn't use in a back carry because it's quite hard on the shoulders. I love the flexibility of the mei tai. It also distributes weight across your hips, back and shoulders. Or a woven wrap? I like mine but confess to not using it very much as I find it a bit of a fiddle - that's mostly down to lack of practice, though. I don't think you'd get much use out of the peanutshell one.

daftscotslass said:
I don't know much about the rucksack carriers but they don't look too comfy for the person carrying!

Don't worry about that, it'll be my DH carrying her in that when go out :lol: . We do a lot of footpath walking in the summer and will be out most of the day so want something where she's not in bodily contact with us as could get a bit hot and sweaty after walking for a few hours :puke: .

Just been looking on youtube at mei tai at how to put them on and they look good. Definitely what I need.

Being the mei tai a holic that I am I have 3 so even if you wanted to try it I could loan it to you one to try? Then just send it back if you want to buy your own?

That's really nice of you to offer :hug: . I'm definitely going to buy one though. I'm just looking for one now. The vids on youtube show they are really easy to use. Connie hates her pram now as she's got used to being in a sling but she's just to big and heavy for the slings I have now. Little madam insists on being carried around the shops while I push the pram also, she likes to be up at the same height as us :wall: .

I really like the ones with padded shoulder straps like my Babyhawk. I have one from Maria which is SO pretty so I use it for shopping etc and the Babyhawk more day-to-day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back