Advice on Slings

charlie84

Reaction score
Hi girls

I know there are quite a few of you who use slings for your LO. Can i ask some advise please.
My LO loves being out and about but i hate lugging the buggy everywhere and would love to try her with a sling.

Now i know nothing about slings at all, had a nosy on some sites but there are so many to choose from.
My LO loves being nosy at whats going on around her so wouldnt really want her view restricted.
Would love to be able to carry her round the flat with me when i do housework as i dont like leaving her in her bouncer or on her playmat for too long, plus she cries if i go out of her sight for too long.

Anybody got any suggestions as to which sling/s would be good.

I got a Coorie pouch and absolutely love it (photo in the photos section!) - it is measured to fit you so it's really comfy and Connie goes off to sleep in it right away even when colicky. Bending down is hard because you need to remember to support their head but I have her in it when cooking, making the bottles and hanging out the washing - and sometimes when I'm on here!

Details are here: http://www.brightsparkslings.co.uk/slings.htm

They're on offer (£22 instead of £28) at Tree Hugger Mums (http://www.treehuggermums.co.uk/) and I heartily recommend them - they got ours out to us the next day!! :cheer:

debecca said:
I got a Coorie pouch and absolutely love it

I agree :D Loved my coorie for the first couple of months while they are still so 'fragile'. Moved on to a mei tai (babyhawk brand) once she was able to hold her head and was a bit more robust. Both have been really comfy, and having that close contact is brilliant - they have been a godsend for taking the dog out walking and for comforting her in the house if she has been grizzly. :D

i bought:

a ring sling, neither me or OH got on with it

a pouch sling- OH used it when she was tiny but now shes heavier its not so practical

a tomy front carrier- i love using this as she sits upright close to me, she can sleep in it or look at whats going on, i find it really comfortable and secure..it keeps my hands free...its my absolutely essential item!!!

I have a Kari me and a Babasling.

LO loves Kari me and it is more comfortable for me - particularly if walking long distances. It is great as it really distributes the weight well. It does however take some time to put on.

I used the Babasling at home as it is easier and faster to put on. LO doesn't like it as much for some reason though. The material is a little hard (Kari me is really soft) and it just doesn't sit that well on me.

I was considering Baby Bjorn (may get one later) but I feel that baby's movements are a little restricted in it. In the Kari me LO can readjust her position to make herself more comfortable.

If you use the cuddly position in the Kari me your LO can have great views of the world if you don't pull the fabric all the way across. In a tummy to tummy for small babies you'll have to adjust the fabric to support their head so the views are restricted to one side only.

There are many slings around. All of them have pros and cons. Good luck for choosing the right one for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back