Ice and sling

Hazel

Reaction score
I was going to walk round to the shop today and usually I would put Connie in the sling but as it's icy I've decided not to bother as I'm scared of slipping over with her in the sling. Am I being silly?

I was walking along the ice and snow last week with her in the mei tai thinking the same thing - am I nuts?

We went a long walk yesterday and it was fine. We just took it slow. :hug:

I tend not to walk anywhere when its icy tbh, will wait till its thawed a little. But then you could fall whilst pushing a pram and it could go into the road or fall whilst carryinbg them in your arms.

beanie said:
I tend not to walk anywhere when its icy tbh, will wait till its thawed a little. But then you could fall whilst pushing a pram and it could go into the road or fall whilst carryinbg them in your arms.

Aghhhhhh, I'm never leaving the house again :lol: .

I am so paranoid! I hate walking up and down the stairs in our house with Ivy so I go down on my bum!!! My worst fear is to fall over when I'm holding her! It makes my stomach turn when I think about it.

I fear falling over when she's in the mei tai too, im the worlds clumsiest person and I have visions of falling forward and crushing her to death. I haven't worn it since its been icy I tend to use the pram. I don't really push her that fast that if I was to fall she'd be pushed into the road plus I have a brake on my handle in the same position a bike brake is so I would grab for that to stop the pram moving, so I tend not to worry about the road.

Hazel said:
beanie said:

I slipped and fell a couple of months ago in the house with lil miss in my arms... She was fine... but I jarred my back and really hurt my knee bad.

I've slipped in the sling too a while back and twisted my ankle couldn't walk very well for weeks and have relied on the pushchair a lot more since...

But saying that... people who use pushchairs tend to push their baby out into the road into on coming traffic before them, so its risky either way.. :lol:

Squiglet said:
But saying that... people who use pushchairs tend to push their baby out into the road into on coming traffic before them, so its risky either way.. :lol:

I hate to see that, don't people think about what they re doing???? I always make sure I never push the pram into the road until its clear and im ready to cross.

Hazel said:
beanie said:

Thankfully, you don't live in Finland then :lol:

This has concerned me a little too, i dont use the sling too much atm cos i generally just take her from my parents to ours some days so i take the pushcahair (i must get my sling and carrier out more as she loves being in them in the house) and i slipped a few times on the ice outside, i jsut take it very slowely just in case, i nearly slipped down the steps carrying her pushcahir dwon them a few days ago, scared the crap outta me as i know i wouldn't have let go of the buggy id have hurt my back instead

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back