I know this topic has already been discussed......

lillyblue

Reaction score
But how much weight has everyone but on, I was at the midwife today and she told me I had but too much on I came away feeling so let down and upset that I cried to my boss and came home!! I have put 1stone 6lbs on exactly and even though my BMI was 21.5 to start I have always been small and dieted to stay small all my life e.e salads and NO Carbs whatsoever but since I have been pregnant just not been so harsh on myself!! :oops: Not overly naughty though! Just things that have kept me full and warm through winter!

I am feeling so down today now and my OH doesnt understand, well he does but I think he jst doesnt know what to say because my hormones are all over!!

Thanks for letting me rant ladies

xxx

To me it sounds like your Midwife is being overly harsh. 21.5 bmi is ace and you should expect to put on around 2 stone or so maybe a bit more and your well within that still. Maybe she was having an off day...

I have gained 10lb so far but thats cos i have been doing slimming world as my BMI was closer to 30 as I hadnt lost all my baby weight after james so Im only expected to gain around a stone or so.

Honestly chick I really wouldnt worry I bet you look fantastic
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Ive out on just over 2 1/2 stone (but thats me weighing myself)..........my MW has never weighed me - at my booking in appointment I was told it was totally irrelevant to pregnancy, and not something they do!

I did ask today at the hospital about the weight I had gained (as they had to weigh me ready for my c-section) and they told me it was absolutely fine!!

I wouldnt worry about it to be honest, I think having a healthy baby is much more important than how much weight you have gained! :hug:

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/weightgain/

I just found the above, and for my height it tells me I should have put on between 1st 11lbs - 2st 8lbs - so totally normal weight gain for me, have a try!!

I just weighed myself and I weigh 10stone 6lbs now and I weighed 8 and a half stone before I got pregnant so I have put on 2 stone!! You wouldnt think it looking at me tho im only tiny!

Well thats the thing peopple have commented on how well I look so I have got to think positive, I f I never ate Carbs and now the midwife said I need to fill up on these I have done what she said and my body has obviously thought uuummmm! :lol:

She isnt a very nice lasy anyway! And I dont think it helps because my hormones are all over the show the last few weeks! I will just ignore her comment and look forward to seeing my baby!

Thanks girls

xx

As the others have said above your BMI is fine (think mine was roughly the same) and at 28 weeks I had put on just over 1 and half stone and I think I'm on track with my weight gain!

I'm the same as Elliebelle and at roughly the 2.5 stone mark weight gain wise.... dont get me wrong I've tried to eat healthly, but will admit there have been times where I have pigged out... but I blame it on the hormones! :lol: :lol:

it sounds like you're on target weight gain wise :clap: :clap: :clap:

Weird, the only time I was weighed was at the booking appointment and my midwife never said anything to me about my weight and I wasn't slim when I started.

Thanks Lisa noce to know that I might be on the right track! How tall are you though hun?

I am just going to forget it I hope!!! :(

xx

Sounds like you havent put on too much she must be having an off day dont listen to her :hug: :hug:

I only got weighed at booking in too - and sound very much like you lillyblue. Same BMI, (I was just over 9 stone and following weight watchers since getting to goal to keep my weight in check). I'm a couple of days behind you and have put on 1.5 stone so far, but I don't feel like I've gone overboard. Just maybe not quite so strict with myself as I once was - and it doesn't help that I've craved pasta and potatoes since the start!

My midwife doesn't weigh again unless she suspect something's up, purely because she says it's not good to worry about putting on a bit of weight, it's better to be relaxed and happy and enjoy your pregnancy. Plus, breast-feeding is meant to help shift a bit of weight afterwards too, which I hope comes true!

I have to say your MW doesn't sound very nice :evil:

Thanks Kaybee, I think I need a midwife like yours dont I?? Like you said I should be enjoying being pregnant I shouldnt have to worry about how much weight I am going to put on!!!

Like you I have always been at weight watchers!! went to 8 stones then put some on while trying to concieve so I was 8stone 12 when I found out I was pregnant! I am just going to relax about it now and let nature run its course

I will post a bump picture hey so you can all see what I am worrying about?? :oops:

I am thinking if it is 1lb a week in 3rs tri thats 12lbs to what I have already but on so just over 2 and a half stone not bad at all!!! just keep on track now!!!! :D

xxx

I wouldn't even worry about it! Just relax - I don't think MWs/docs etc realise how literally you can take everything that they say, it's easy to get worried about stuff that isn't really that important because of something someone has said. I have to say your weight gain doesn't sound excessive at all - and just because we're not all going to have text book pregnancies doens't mean that they are abnormal or unhealthy xxxxx

Your MW sounds like a bit of a b**ch. My BMI was around 19 at my booking and they said that was fine. I haven't been weighed since. I did weigh myself & I've put on 2 1/2 so I don't think that you have put on too much at all. No one has talked about my weight, although the consultant did mention at 32 weeks that my bump looked big because I was slim (looking back, I think she was just being nice) Plus you weren't even close to being overweight when you started, a healthy BMI is 18.5-24.

I wouldn't let it bother you. I think she was either being insensitive or a bit mean. She should really understand that weight gain can be really stressful when your pregnant. I know I have been really worried about it. xx

It's all relative. For your BMI I don't think that's an excessive weight gain at all :) As of yesterday (self-weighed) I've gained a stone. My BMI was high at booking in though so I'm keen not to gain too much.

*goes back to stuffing her face* ;)

lillyblue said:
I am thinking if it is 1lb a week in 3rs tri thats 12lbs to what I have already but on so just over 2 and a half stone not bad at all!!! just keep on track now!!!! :D

xxx

Its approx half a pound a week that you gain in the last few weeks (and thats all baby)...........so you wont even put on 2 1/2 stone :D

I too have not been weighed since booking in and haven't weighed myself either as I don't see the need.
I don't know why she was like that with you as it definately doesn't sound like you have put too much on at all!
Ignore her and relax - I know it's easier said than done :hug: :hug:

Thanks for all your replies ladies!!! Like you said I dont think she understands does she how a woman can feel when she is pregnant!! Plus she hasnt got any children herself so she cant comment on being pregnant!!!

Hopefully then I wont gain too much!! I am only tiny and dont want to look like a baby elephant ha ha ha :rotfl:

xxx

think your midwife needs some re-training!!! Take no notice hun, your fine!
I am 33 weeks and have put on 2st 2

At 14 weeks i was 79kg - today i am 89kg at 28weeks... :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back