i know im a mum but....

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
my m8 has been signed of sick from work at 21 weeks PG and has been told nuttin about her rites will her mat leave start at 29 weeks etc wot pay she entitled to etc!

If she's off sick now and isn't going back as far as I know her Mat leave starts now. As for what she will get, it will depend on the company policy and how long she's been there etc.

If she has any holiday left over i would advise her to use that before she starts mat pay as she will not lose out in that case and get mat pay for longer...(assuming she gets full paid holiday)?

cas x

get her to read her contract .but i assume she would start taking mertarnity leave now or get in touch with citazens advice there really helpful. :think:

as i understand it, if she is of sick she is entitled to sick pay up until her 29th week as you are not allowed to start maternity before 11 week before your due date.
If she is still on sick with less than 11 week to go her employers can enforce the maternity leave.
This is entirley up to her emploer, if she has already given a date when she was going to start ML they may well let her stay on sick pay until that date.

Hope that made sense!!

depends what is on the sick form, if it os pregnancy related the employers can force her to start her mat leave now, If it unrelated then they can. I got signed off a month before i was due to go on maternity leave and the doctor put down that i had severe headaches, non pregancy related ! so work couldn't start my leave.

good luck

she could saty on the sick now then go back to work for a day or two before she is due to go on maternity leave and then go onto maternity leave

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back