I just had a horrible thought

Vickyleigh

Reaction score
Yesterday the midwife at the hospital said I cant have a vaginal birth because the baby would come out bum first and she doesn't think my pelvis can handle it so what if I go into labour before my section date and it happens really really quickly and I can't get to hospital in time? Wont she get stuck and can't that kill us both? I read Take a Break too much!

I think the chances of it happening that fast are so rare that it's definately not worth worrying about! You're much more likely to have irregular contractions lasting for a good day or so before any decent labour starts - plenty of time to get you to the operating theatre :)

Yeah you have a very good point there. Its not likely it would happen that fast. I'll try and put that thought out of my mind or I'll be going insaine for the next 2 weeks.

If they thought there was a chance of you going early they would be monitoring you really closely - stop worrying and reading horror stories! Enjoy your last few weeks of being pregnant xx :hug:

Agree with everyone else you will be fine, just enjoy your last few weeks of not having to get up loads in the night :D A lot of first babies go over due so you will be fine im sure :hug:

midna said:
Them magazines have the most shocking stories :shock:
Agreed with above^^.
A question though.. At what stage can babys not turn anymore? When did you find out your baby was breech did they think s/he was breech before the scan I take it? ..a C section is one of my personal fears but I got a while to go before I need to worry about which way baby is facing?
Sorry am new to this first timer n all. :D

Well I had a growth scan at 33 weeks and she was breech then and then at 35 weeks at my midwife appointment she was still breech, had the presentation scan yesterday and still breech. Yesterday I was told that they don't perform the ECV (procedure they do to try and turn baby the right way) until after 36 weeks because they can turn before then but she has been the wrong way since 33 weeks and before that she was transverse (laying across) so I suppose it depends on the baby.
There are things you can do yourself to turn the baby like using a birthing ball, I'm pretty sure it was KJ who it worked for andmy brothers girlfriend when she had a baby it was breech and she went swimming to turn the baby and it worked! It's too late for me though, she wont turn now.

I was told my baby was breech, from about 30 weeks till 33 weeks by 2 GPs and a midwife separately.

I did swim, but then I have all the way through, and I did stick my bum in the air a lot. I then went for a treatment called moxibustion which is supposed to help babies turn and before they did it they examined me and said they didn't think baby was breech. So sent me for a scan, and lo and behold, he was head down!

So whether he did turn, or whether he had always been head down, I'm not sure. I certainly didn't feel any large turning movements between when I was told he was breech and when I found out he wasn't.

They can turn at any stage although it is less likely after 36 weeks. One of my parents' neighbours said her baby was breech, and at 37 weeks she was in the bath and he gave one almightly movement. She said it was really strong and painful and felt like her insides were being pulled and pushed every which way. Anyway, that was him turning head down! She went on to have a normal vaginal delivery. I've heard other stories like that too, and all mothers said they DEFINITELY felt it when the turn happened. So don't rule it out completely!

K.xxx

K.xx

yeh my first turned when i was 37 weeks and in mothercare lol :shock: it was horrible it felt like all your insides were turning upside down and it made me very dizzy. it is possible for them to turn around up until then but i think likeliness goes down after 37 weeks. i was adament that i didnt want a c-section tho so was tryin all sorts, swimming, walkin on all fours, bouncing on birth balles you name it i did it and really all i needed to do was go somewhere public lol. reanna still is a drama queen!! :rotfl:

xxxxx

If your pelvis 'couldn't handle it' your labour wouldn't progress so I wouldn't worry about that :hug: Baby getting 'stuck' is more commonly known as shoulder dystocia, and very rare :hug: As for breech babies turning, after 37wks about 1 in 10 turn themselves before natural/c-section delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back