Got an induction date - kind of!

SamStevens

Reaction score
The hospital has just called me to give me an induction date, and they do it a really weird way!
I have been put on a list of people in due date order.
They induce as they have room.
As and when I get to the top of the list, they ring me and I have an hour to get there!
Well, we live 30 mins away, and it will take OH 20 mins to get home so will be tight!
They said it should be either tomorrow or thursday.
Anyone heard of this before?
Seems a strange way of doing it to me!
X

They aren't making it easy and stress free for you,eh?!! Good luck, hope it's sooner rather than later and that you get there in time!! Xx

Never heard of it done that way before, but it must work for them?! At least you know, one way or another, there is an end in sight and LO should be with you by the end of the week eeeeeeeeeeeek xxx

That is a weird way, at least you know it's within next few days though . Good luck Hun n hopefully it's sooner xx

It is exciting, and I'm pleased to finally see light at the end of the tunnel, but I'd rather have an actual date!
At least I know he will be here by the weekend!
X

I'm not expert, but it does sound weird to only give you an hours notice!

I agree that a date would have been nicer for you - but at least you know it will be soon :)

Yayyyyyy!!! Told you he'd be here soon :) can u not get oh to skive off work for the next few days so u know you'll make it to the hos on time? Lol! Aww keep us updated missy! Xxxxx

Hes only 10 mins up the road so might as well work. Sure need the money!
Can't help but feel like I've let my baby down now as i haven't been able to bring him out on my own.
I know its silly but I can't help it
X

glad somethings is finally happening for you sam :)

Dont be blaming yourself missy. These things happen. Like i said yesterday hes probably just too comfy!! You never know hun things could start happening tonight :) little one will be soo proud of his mum just like everyone else, you'll be great!!!xxxx

Thanks hun.
Getting slightly nervous now!
Going to repack my hospital bag tonight with books, magazines etc
And my phone charger!!
X

LOL, I'm sure you've had everything pulled in and out of that bag 100times already! You'll be grand!!! Just listen to the mw! Take each step as it comes xxxx

Gosh thats a funny way of doing it. We live an hour from the hospital, so hope my hospital don't have this policy!! Best of luck xx

About 34 weeks coz the doctors all thought my baby was going to be early!
How wrong were they!
Just been to tesco and stocked up on cereal bars, boiled sweets and lucozade for my bag!
Going to pack OH a little bag too with a fresh t-shirt and some deodarant coz he wont think of that and I don't want him stinking the place out!
X

Aw thats a good idea actually! Ill have to remember that when I pack mine!
Good luck, glad the end's in sight (although strange the way ur hospital does it!) Hope it all goes well and happens very soon!!!

Lol ino what u mean about men not thinking ahead....i reckon that would be the last thing on my hubbys mind lol! how u find the energy to walk round tescos atm i do not know! Im finding it hard to do everyday jobs never mind fighting with the queues lol! How u feeling hun?xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back