I have got to start shopping.

Hazel

Reaction score
I'm doing a bit at a time so I'm starting off with baby's room.

I've chosen a 2 door wardrobe and chest of drawers, a single bed with under bed storage drawers as she will need a bed at some point anyway and a cot with the mattress included. All this lot has come to £400 in Argoooos.

We have a very small house so this is the most that is going to fit in this room.

I haven't actually paid for or bought anything yet. I just wondered if anyone out there has any words or wisdom towards shopping for a nursery as I have no idea what the hell I'm doing :?

No advice as this is my first and I have no idea but I'm not planning on buying anything. I will probably get a cot after a couple of months or when it looks more likely that LO is getting too big for the moses basket. We already have a shelving unit in the spare room and a chest of drawers that OH keeps his clothes in. I will clear the shelving unit so all baby stuff can go on there, nappies etc. and OH will clear a drawer out in case we need extra space. The airing cupboard is off the spare room too.

I think I will get some stencils for the walls, haven't decided yet what theme - probably seascape/underwater stuff.

We are in rented accommodation and I'm not planning on being here for too long so I didn't want to go overboard. I think if it was our own house I'd really want to a nice looking nursery. I think you sound like you've got it covered with the furniture you've picked :D The only thing I would do different is get a cot bed which instead of the cot and bed but it really depends on the amount of space you have :D

Hey, have you looked at this http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3770928/Trail/searchtext>NURSERY.htm

Looks quite good to me as its a cot bed so can be used until child is upto 140cm! which is quite handy!

There honestly isn't much a baby needs except somewhere to sleep! Any sort of storage for clothes is fine - we have a shelf unit thing with wicker boxes on it. We do have a changing unit but it was only £49.99 - it has shelves underneath where we've got more wicker boxes! We have a crib and that's it! Baby is in my room as i'm still living with my mum so it all fits in quite well!

We may have bought bigger furniture if we'd had a whole room for baby, there are some good sets out there - http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-1907.aspx
but i guess it depends on your budget.. I love babies r us furniture too!

I reckon it's only worth spending a lot if it's furniture that will grow with your child...

anyway, hope that's some help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back