I have a weird question - pulsing in stomach

jendav81

Reaction score
Hi,

This is a weird one.. from time to time I have a feeling in my lower stomach like my heart is beating in it. It's not sore, just a throbing sensation, which is in time to my heartbeat.

I think it might be because there is increased blood flow to that area?

Has anyone else had this?

I'm not worried about it or anything, it's just that it's weird! :?

I think I know what you mean. If I am laid flat on my back and I put my hand on my bump I can feel a pulse. sometimes I can see it pulsing as well.

Is that the sort of thing you mean?

I think it probably is due to the increased blood flow.

Hi.

Well im glad someone else is experiencing this....

i feel it all the time, like as tho my pulse is beating HARD! (in my belly!)

when my fella puts his hand on my belly, he says thats all he can feel!

MMmmmm??????? what is it? :think:

That may well be your abdominal aorta (click on the top one of the list to view info). It usually sits not too far below the surface doing its thing, pumping blood, some of which of course goes to baby and so on.

Normally in most people you will never notice it pumping away. However, when something pushes up/behind against it it can then be felt acually beating and become visable.

I suffer from an abnormal sound and action in my aorta. Even when not pregnant my aorta pumping is really noticable and when lying down you can see it bouncing up and down :roll: A pen laid on my midriff will see it fly off pretty quick :lol: I've lived with it for years now and have gotten used to it, but its ok and its gotten more noticeable as my pregnancy progresses, but chances are for most other PG women, it won't be as bouncy as mine, and there is nothing abnormal with it happening in pregnancy that I know of so don't worry :lol: I'm just weird 8)

oh wow.... thanks for the info!

least its not abnormal!! PHEWWwww!

I don't know if I had this before being pregnant as I didn't look at my stomach that much :rotfl: But I know I have definately had a pulse going down my stomach while pregnant. I used to get excited and think that I could see baby kick then realise I hadn't felt anything :rotfl: Don't worry, it's completely normal :hug:

When I'm down to a sensible BMI and not pg I can feel a pulse in my tummy when I lay down

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back