I have a question? (bottle mums)

lea m

Reaction score
I have noticed a lot of mummies on here when speaking of their babies bottles, mention they give so many mils!
Now I always talk in ounces as that's how I measure, one ounce of water, one scoop of food!
Those who say millilitres, how do you measure the scoops? :think: :think:
This is just a random question I have been wondering for a while lol!

Its much of a muchness because mil's and ounces are on the bottles so it doesn't matter. Its like weighing scales giving you pounds stones and kilograms :)

Right so they aren't being measured any different just saying it different!? haha Gosh you know I could confuse myself! lol
I just noticed people going off mls and thought they measured things differently! lol

lea m said:
Right so they aren't being measured any different just saying it different!? haha Gosh you know I could confuse myself! lol
I just noticed people going off mls and thought they measured things differently! lol

Well I'm not 100% sure but I think so. Its probably because if your baby doesn't drink a whole ounce then the mils still count towards a feed if you know what I mean :) So rather than say 2 and a half ounces they'll say 70 mils, or whatever it is, long time since I made a bottle up! :lol:

Hee hee thanks for the replies! I get you now! It was a long time for me making up bottles too and thought there was a new better way haha

Basically (more or less) 1 fluid ounce = 30 millilitres.

So you can measure out 4oz or 120ml and it's neither here nor there which you do. I use ml because I like to work in metric units.

I've always done it in ml because like Bex it's how I work in my head and it's a little more exact than oz.

I started with mils but since everyone says oz's I found I had to change or it was confusing trying to convert all the time!

i use either mls or ozs 1 oz or 30mls = 1 scoop

Heehee thanks for the replies ladies!
I think I will stick to what I know lol! Adding up the mils etc is just more hard work to me heehee

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back