I had three hours sleep last night - does anyone else have the same pain?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Danielle77, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Danielle77

Danielle77 Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    My back and ribs are in bits at the moment. I sat in the bathroom sobbing last night as the pain in my back just wouldn't go away. I've got a small frame and I've never put weight on in my life until now (put on over 2 stone), so it must be the strain. I just can't seem to relieve it and its stopping me sleeping. It actually knocked me sick last night, it was so painful. Anyone else have similar? Any hints/tips? X

2. lyndsey_28

lyndsey_28 Well-Known Member

hiya hun

not sure were experiencing the same but didnt wanna read and run!! my baby seems to be lying on a nerve which gives me a pain on the lower left side which is painful, more so when i been sittin a while or i get up in the nite as i feel like i cant walk and may just drop to the floor it can be that intense!! i have no idea how to make it better either apart from sleeping with a pregnancy pillow which isnt doing much at the moment :shakehead: maybe some of the girls on here can give some better tips or speak to ur MW

what is ur pain like in ur ribs?? as didnt realise you could get pain in ur ribs other than the tenderness from were the little one kicks :)

hope ur feeling better soon :hugs:xxx

3. mummy2b73

mummy2b73 Well-Known Member

Yep I've had that I really sympathise with you I've found going on my ball sometimes helps with pain you could try that.......Because my baba is low down and engaged im getting pretty bad pains low down too feels like someone is scraping my insides out with a spoon and goes through to my back.....eeeek ! Im a bit further on than you im 38+4 and ive gained 2 stone too its no fun is it...Nobody tells you about all this bad stuff in pregnancy :(

4. Maybe_mummy

Maybe_mummy Well-Known Member

I suffered with pains like that and eventually couldnt lie on any side apart from my right, try some pillows under your bump and even at the back like a wedge and one between your knees hopefully is should help. I really suffered towards the end and was awake every few hours but as soon as she arrived a- it went away and b- its like training for sleepless nights ahead :) Hope its gets better soon XXX

5. BabyBrain

BabyBrain Well-Known Member

My chiropractor is a living god lol, the changes in posture and the spd have been very painful but he's keeping it under control. I've got a small frame and have put on over 2 stone as well and it can be agony. There are lots of places to get a pregnancy massage, usually sports therapists and people like that can help too. Failing that get the baby oil out and get your OH massaging your back.....it's entirely his fault anyway!

Hope you get some relief soon hunny, totally understand xxxxxxxxx

6. winnie89

winnie89 Well-Known Member

thats too true, i find a bath helps, i love my baths hot with radox bath salts in them but been told not to have them too hot! lol i also find lying across my ball helps relieve the pressure, kneel on the floor and basically lie on the ball, helps to stretch my back out,

7. Danielle77

Danielle77 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the advice ladies. Nice to know I'm not alone. The things we go through hey! X