I had three hours sleep last night - does anyone else have the same pain?

Danielle77

Reaction score
Hi all,
My back and ribs are in bits at the moment. I sat in the bathroom sobbing last night as the pain in my back just wouldn't go away. I've got a small frame and I've never put weight on in my life until now (put on over 2 stone), so it must be the strain. I just can't seem to relieve it and its stopping me sleeping. It actually knocked me sick last night, it was so painful. Anyone else have similar? Any hints/tips? X

hiya hun

not sure were experiencing the same but didnt wanna read and run!! my baby seems to be lying on a nerve which gives me a pain on the lower left side which is painful, more so when i been sittin a while or i get up in the nite as i feel like i cant walk and may just drop to the floor it can be that intense!! i have no idea how to make it better either apart from sleeping with a pregnancy pillow which isnt doing much at the moment :shakehead: maybe some of the girls on here can give some better tips or speak to ur MW

what is ur pain like in ur ribs?? as didnt realise you could get pain in ur ribs other than the tenderness from were the little one kicks :)

hope ur feeling better soon :hugs:xxx

Yep I've had that I really sympathise with you I've found going on my ball sometimes helps with pain you could try that.......Because my baba is low down and engaged im getting pretty bad pains low down too feels like someone is scraping my insides out with a spoon and goes through to my back.....eeeek ! Im a bit further on than you im 38+4 and ive gained 2 stone too its no fun is it...Nobody tells you about all this bad stuff in pregnancy :(

I suffered with pains like that and eventually couldnt lie on any side apart from my right, try some pillows under your bump and even at the back like a wedge and one between your knees hopefully is should help. I really suffered towards the end and was awake every few hours but as soon as she arrived a- it went away and b- its like training for sleepless nights ahead :) Hope its gets better soon XXX

My chiropractor is a living god lol, the changes in posture and the spd have been very painful but he's keeping it under control. I've got a small frame and have put on over 2 stone as well and it can be agony. There are lots of places to get a pregnancy massage, usually sports therapists and people like that can help too. Failing that get the baby oil out and get your OH massaging your back.....it's entirely his fault anyway!

Hope you get some relief soon hunny, totally understand xxxxxxxxx

My chiropractor is a living god lol, the changes in posture and the spd have been very painful but he's keeping it under control. I've got a small frame and have put on over 2 stone as well and it can be agony. There are lots of places to get a pregnancy massage, usually sports therapists and people like that can help too. Failing that get the baby oil out and get your OH massaging your back.....it's entirely his fault anyway!

Hope you get some relief soon hunny, totally understand xxxxxxxxx

thats too true, i find a bath helps, i love my baths hot with radox bath salts in them but been told not to have them too hot! lol i also find lying across my ball helps relieve the pressure, kneel on the floor and basically lie on the ball, helps to stretch my back out,

Thanks for all the advice ladies. Nice to know I'm not alone. The things we go through hey! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back