Sciatica Anyone else suffering?

Red_Fairy

Reaction score
I got it abit with Hannah but for the last 2 days ive had it constantly. So much so i cant walk anywhere. (even to the toilet its aggony) Ive stayed on the couch and bed all day/night. I cant carry on 'sitting round' as OH is in work, so ive got Hannah to chase about. (right now that seems impossible)
Ive tried being on all fours to get baby to move but that is the most painful positition to be in. I cant sleep either as my leg last night started feeling 'numb' and i couldnt tell if it felt hot or cold. (Its really hard to explain the sensation) and the electric shock pain is almost making me cry.
Painkillers arnt touching it.
Just woundered if anyone else is suffering and does anyone have any tips how to get rid of the pain??? (its in my back and down myright leg)

Hi! Yeh i've been in agony on and off for weeks with it - i've been off sick with it.
My left leg and left side are mainly affected.
Baby may be aggrevating a nerve so maybe try to get baby to move position a bit?
I found that i needed to rest for a few days and then i just take it easy. it still flairs up awfully if i do too much,
See your midwife too as she may be able to get you some physio which might help.

xxxx :hug: :hug: :hug:

oh and baths and paracetemol xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I had it, it ent nice, lucky for me I only had it for a couple of weeks though at the very end. Not a lot you can do really. Mention it to your MW though as you have got it earlier than I did and she should be able to help re: physio etc as babybee said.
Also I used like a hot water bottle on it. Did the job, temporarily mind you. There's no real way of fixing it.

x

Ive had my moments of it but that was because ive had it pre pregnancy and my back is now weak from it. Luckily it only rears its ugly head every now and again.

I know how painful it is lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back