I had m/w appointment today RANT

Petra

Reaction score
..my appointment was at 11 but didn't get to see anyone until 12.30. Midwife was quite friendly, meassured my blood pressure and listened to the heartbeat for about 15 seconds. Then she said all is well and see you in four weeks time. I had to pin her back to her chair and said I am having a list of questions I need her to go through with me.. She answered everything really briefly.. I am really annoyed that she rushed through it so much :? She managed to make me feel guilty for taking her time :wall: Hope I get to see someone else in September.
Sorry girls.. you don't have to reply.. I just needed to get it off my chest :oops:

the situation with midwives is really shitty, the amount of women who struggle to see someone properly is awful.
sorry you had a bad time :hug:

i've only seen a midwife twice (my booking in meeting, and once with my community midwife), and i'm 24 weeks! last time i went to see a midwife, at 20 weeks she listenened to the heartbeat for like, 10 seconds & said i'll see you in SIX WEEKS!

Thats shocking Petra!! I would have been quite upset!

I saw my midwife today, albeit for the 1st time, but spent near an hour and 3/4 with her!! Although realise it takes a while to complete all the paperwork do the blood etc, but at least half of the time was us talking about pregnancy, birth options etc and then she took the time to do a full exam - where we listened to tiglets hearbeat, she felt my tummy, measured the size of my uterus and position etc.

There does seem to be a real difference in how many times you get to see your midwife and how long the appointments last for depending on the area you live in!!

i can really sympathise with having to wait soo long.
when i have a hospital midwife appointment a few weeks ago i waited for 2 and a half hours for it.
i know they were busy, but still that was just a joke.

my community midwife, i only had to wait 10 mins to be seen.

i'd go there every week if i could, but cause of past growth restriction i have to be seen at the hospital just to keep an eye on things!

Oh Im sorry hun!! :hug: Its nit fair when they are running late and rush you in and out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back