i felt the kicks on the outside last night!

petchy

Reaction score
i couldn't believe it - thought it was way to soon for that as i'm only 18+6 and only felt unmistakeable kicks about a week ago! they have incerased in strength every day since, and yesterday i was sat in front of the telly, just leaning back from sitting leaning forward for a while (that always sends him/her off on a kicking spin) and they felt so strong i instinctively put my hand on my belly. it was quite weak, but i definitely felt the movement on the outside!

OH had gone to work so he'll have to wait until tonight to try and feel anything - bet baby will be really quiet today though, that would be typical!!

i was so surprised as i have a fair bit of excess "padding" on my belly as well, so i really didn't think i would feel anything on the outside for weeks yet!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wow! that must have been great.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You will be able to play the maltesers game soon (like the advert) :D :D :D :D :D :!: :!: :!:

You will be able to play the maltesers game soon
just a tad early for that yet i think!! but that would be great!!! :D :D

I was just about to make a thread on this..... :)

my OH can feel movements if he pushes in, but cant feel kicks, which i find strange :?

so i wanted to ask you ladies, when is it likely he will start to feel them?
on my last two, there dad wasnt intrested, he never felt kicks/movemnts etc so i have nothing to go on as to what week it becomes strong enough to feel.

Hi Layla,

I am due the day after you and my OH felt a kick from the outside for the 1st time last night, so very soon I would say.

The thing is, my girl seems a bit shy, she'll kick like mad then as soon as he puts his hand there she stops, but he managed to catch her out last night lol!!

:D :D :D

Hi Kim, yes Coby seems to do that aswell, he will quite happily kick and wriggle away but as soon as Jase puts his hands on to feel, Coby stops! lol

I wonder why they do that?!

My baby stops when I put my hand on there as well.

Perhaps they can sense the sudden warmth and are stopping to work out what has changed?

yeah probs, plus i sure i read somewhere that you skin lets lights in to your womb, so maybe the hand blocks it and the baby reacts to that

oooooh isn't it all just so exciting though!!!!! loving being pregnant so far!!!
can't wait to meet my little one though!

I am really enjoying it as well and really reisisting the temptation to wish it all away. I am determined to enjoy every day, even the less than nice days.

My husband can feel the strongest kicks if he lies with his face/ear against my tummy - not felt it on his hand yet. Apparently when the baby's going crazy he can hear the movement too if we're really quiet. The best time we've found is about 20 minutes after going to bed with me lying on my back.

Strange how they stop moving when you put your hand there. :?

so i wanted to ask you ladies, when is it likely he will start to feel them?

I don't think he properly felt it until I was about 20 weeks, although he could see her moving my tummy he couldn't feel the kicks as early as I could (on my hand).

Now she boots him proper hard!

Hi Petchy

Congratulations on the kick. My hubby felt 2 kicks the other day. I havent felt anything externally.

xx

My OH felt it at 18 weeks and they were quite strong kicks now when he talks to it like dadadadadada it kicks! how cute!

My bean stops too when daddy puts his hand on my bump, though he has flt bean a couple of times, as has nan and my friends. The kicks quickly get stronger. I had a wierd experience this morning. Usually I get woken up by bean pressing against my tum that is on the mattress. I could feel bean moving so I put my hand under my bump and felt the baby. Whether it was a head or bum I don't know but I could actually feel a solid shape as opposed to a kick or punch - it felt mad! Only lasted a little while though as baby quickly moved off and decided to kick my bladder.

Nice one Petchy!

Cant wait till its my turn!

L x

Our little bubba at first was very shy about kicking but now shes having a whale of a time in there.
When she kicks now its like we can actually feel a body part move around the top of my belly.
She seems to like the bath most, especially when our son gets in too, as soon as he starts talking shes kicking away in there. Its funny really because he calls it a freak show!!! He cant stop laughing when she really goes to town as it makes me jump.
Cant wait to meet her, 3 months seems ages away!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back