I feel so unwell today :(

rachyryan

Reaction score
Every bone in my body aches. My head hurts, back everywhere. I thought yesterday I had overdone it in work, but today I feel totally wiped out. I got up at 8.50 and was back in bed by 9.30 sleeping again. It hurts all over :( I am worried that I have harmed the baby in some way yesterday. I have to wear a lead coat in work and yesterday I had to stand for what felt like hours in it. Sorry about the moan girls just feel rotten.

Sorry, can't really offer any advice, but hope you'll feel better after a bit of rest x

Sorry you feel so rubbish, do what your body is telling you to do and sleep when you need to. hope you feel better soon x

Awww....hang on are you allowed to waer a lead coat??? Has it been risk assesed. I hope babys just having a growth spurt and your just tired....

No I haven't had a risk assessment as yet, I have asked for one and I have emailed the boss again asking for one. I am going to phone occupational health and get their advice. I have taken 1 paracetamol and it has eased the pain now. I am just so worried about work and how I'm gonna cope if this is me only at 13 weeks

I really think you need to push for it because if anything happenes your workplace wont take responsibility. It sounds like you need one hun. Its not like you do an office job. How you feling now??

are you a radiographer? x if so snap! If you have anychoice I find the split leads really help and i've been in contact with medical physics and they've risk assessed me as low risk and told me knot to change anythign. Sorry if you're not a rad and this is me just rambling pointless info! lol

Hey lettie, I'm an interventional radiology nurse. I am not scrubbing for procedures now but still do all the running in the room etc. I will try the split lead thanks, I had to wear the lead yesterday for a couple of hours in one go and couldn't get to sit down so I think this is why I feel so bad today.

Oh my word I thought you said a lead coat as in the metal.....duh but you ment a lead yeah! Lol sorry

hi if work know your pregnant then they have to take full responsibility for your health and that of bump, if not tell them quick x x

Oh they have known basically since I found out. I had to tell cause of the xrays etc. They are not the best to be honest. And with staffing issues etc it makes it even harder to limit my duties. I have been thinking about it all day and if I feel well enough to go in tomorrow then I will have to make it known that I need to take it a lot easier. Problem is getting anyone to listen.

And pickled onions it does actually feel like I have been wearing a proper coat of lead lol

ah cool, understand it's tricky to limit your time standing etc. If work aren't being much use, Occy Health can arrange for a better coat and maybe they can tell your colleagues they need to let you rest on s stool during procedures or else esnure you do the follow up, obs, patient checks etc after procedures rather than constantly being on your feet. When I'm in interventional I pull up a stool behind a free standing lead screen but I started doing that before I was pg so they wouldn't guess when I actually was! You've prob thought of that anyhow but just rambling! hehe. Are there any other areas they can rotate you through, U/S biopsies, arthrograms (shorter procedures) etc? Hope this helps, xx

Unfortunately lettie, I do the lot already. The bulk of our work is angios etc. Gonna speak to occy health tomorrow see if they can help

yeah prob best, good luck, hope they can help x

your the prioroty and if they dont play ball you can always go to the gp who can write you a fit for work note stating what the consider yo able to do

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back