i feel so down :(

purple13

Reaction score
:( :(

i feel really down about myself at the moment. i got back to my pre-pregnancy weight in less than a week after birth (i put on less than a stone) but i'm still 5'3" and 11'5"... i used to be really slim (8.5 stone and size 8) but started to gain weight about 6 years ago and was diagnosed with pcos 4 years ago. i know i should be happy that i've got my little boy (conceived with relative ease) but i can't go back to taking my metformin whilst i'm bf-ing, and despite being back on my low GI diet and bf-ing for about 9 hours every day (!!) my weight is slowly starting to creep up again.

OH refuses to believe that my pcos has any impact on my weight and thinks i just eat badly when he's not looking, which i don't :cry: he does love me for who i am, but just like i'd like him to be more toned (like he was when we first got together) i know he'd like me to be slimmer again.

what's even worse is that i look in the mirror and don't think i look too bad; then i see photographs of myself and realise how comparatively big i am - its like i'm seeing what i want to see in my reflection, and not the reality. :wall: :wall:

i'm a size 14 now, which i know is still not that big, but i am overweight and the weight makes my pcos symptoms worse - its a vicious circle and i really don't know if i'm going to be able to break it.

i don't expect any replies... just needed to offload...

thanks girls :hug: :hug: i feel better and worse cos the sun's out... better cos you can't help but smile when its all sunny and lovely, and worse cos i don't fit into any of my shorts and i know i'm going to have to start shaving my legs twice a day again if i want to get them out :wall: :wall:

urgh. i'll get over it. :)

ur baby is only 2 months old. iv lost over 2 and a half st since my baby was that age, give urself time :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back