I don't think I can do baby led weaning anymore,

KirstyL

Reaction score
We have been doing it for a couple of weeks now, but Jacob just seems to be starving! He's always trying to grab for what I'm eating or drinking, but whatever he eats doesn't stay down, he kinda chews on it, then spits it out, I'm not sure he's eating anything!! So am in two minds about whether to start with TW as at least I know he won't be hungry.

What do you think? How long does it usually take for the little ones to actually swallow what they eat?

X

Sent from my sexy iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

what I did was a bit of both. Most of my friends did this actually. Put some finger foods out on his high chair while Im heating some puree up/ waiting for it to cool. Then when its ready (takes about 15 mins anyway) I spoon feed the purree. Its important to do it that way round cos hes stil hungry when hes got the finger foods so he'll explore. It means you dont have to stress over how much hes eating, cos you know he'll get the purree. making you relaxed at mealtimes will make your LO relaxed too. it worked well for my LO. Gradually he actually swallowed more of the finger foods and was full on the purrees sooner.

I've been doing BLW for nearly 2 months now and he is only just starting to eat things now. He would bite things off then spit them out much like your LO is doing. It does take a while for them to start eating.
I do cheat a little and spoon feed him ready brek in the morning and yoghurt for his pudding after tea, that way I know he's definitely got some food in him. He's started grabbing the spoon anyway now and feeding himself his yoghurt and ready brek.
It's up to you whether you stop or not, but it does take time for babies to eat anything when doing BLW.

Thanks girls :) I don't want to stop doing it, but I may definitely combine the two, thanks titch!

I'd love to be able to give him ready brek Roo, but I'm 99% sure he has a milk allergy (getting this confirmed next week), so I'm a bit stuck as to what he can have?!

I'll persevere and stop stressing and rushing him, it hasn't been long and he'll do it when he's ready :)x

Sent from my sexy iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

i spoon feed porridge and yoghurt and let her do the rest, my hv (who is a big fan of BLW) said this would be a more realistic option for us as she is tiny!

it hasn't stopped her munching on stuff at all so think you can combine

you can get purree fruit pots if you want something to grab from the fridge, theyre dairy free. I just boiled veg, blended it, and froze it in icecube trays, popped a couple out into the microwave when he was gonna eat. you can get baby rice which you just mix with baby's normal milk whatever he has, makes a nice puree.

It doesn't actually matter if they eat a lot at first, as food before one is for fun. They should still be getting most of nutrition from milk :) It took about a month for me to see Arthur was eating. Try mashed fish - mackerel, sardines etc on toast, as fish is easy for them to eat, it melts in the mouth!

But don't worry, one day you'll realise that he is actually eating! And there are still things now Arthur can't manage - chunks of food, usually carrot.

But, I breastfeed, so never know how much milk ea gettig anyways, so I'm used to he unknown :) good luck!! Xx

hey hun if you need ood help with a cows milk intolerrance im more than happy to help as well as milk is in everything and my little boy had a cows milk allergy!!!!!!!!!!! also if you decided to get jars or whatever reason read every label as sometimes you might think the jars wouldnt have milk in they do!!!!!!!!!!!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back