I don't know what to do!

Strangeness

Reaction score
All of my old school friends are meeting up tonight because none of us have seen each other for a few years now. The thing is I'm not sure I want to go! They are all single girls who enjoy partying and have a totally different lifestyle to me. I'd just feel so out of place and I really don't think I can be bothered to listen to them talk hair and clothes and uni, I also don't think they'd be happy with me talking baby and husband. I could do with a night out but I don't want it to be with them. Does anyone else feel like this about their mates now? I just feel a bit down because I don't know anyone who has a baby so I have no one to really talk too except my sister in law but she lives 200 miles away. Argh just feeling a bit lonely today! Sorry :(

:( awww dont be sorry i know how u feel all my friends even though their 25/26 still go out every weekend and go away together the last time i seen them was at a friends wedding an they sat talkin bout goin out an stuff an i just sat there like a spare part.
xx :hug:

I know how you feel, I'm engaged and pregnant now, I'm 21 and all my friends from school are in a completely different place, going out and getting drunk and pulling random men - it just doesn't appeal to me! They all think I'm nuts for getting tied down so young but I'm happy!

It's a really awkward stage, I feel really lonely sometimes. I'm moving back to me home town before the baby's born so that I can be near my big sis. Hopefully it'll get better when my friends grow up a bit.

Ahhh hun, i wouldnt go personally. If you cant be your self and talk about the things you love then your not with true friends!
Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh! :oops:

hels said:
Ahhh hun, i wouldnt go personally. If you cant be your self and talk about the things you love then your not with true friends!
Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh! :oops:
That was what I thought! If I can't be me I won't be happy and I know they'll be bored if I even mention my son so I'm just not gonna go! Think I'll go with my dh and take Aaron to see my bil.

Aw, I have a lot of sympathy with you.

I have the opposite problem. I'm 33 so all my mates seem to be married with kids and here's me without. Arranging to go out with anyone is a major headache and they often cancel at the last minute because there some problem with junior or the babysitter.

I'm not bothered about going out clubbing and drinking till I'm sick, but I would still like the odd girlie meal out or something.

God what a whinger I am! :lol: Hope you have a good night out.

H

xx

awww hun i know how u feel i always feel like this wen meeting with 'mates' if u wont feel comfy dont go not worth being misserable
come and join mine and hearts81's party hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back