I don't know what to do!!

HeppiBean

Reaction score
A rant about money problems :/

I'm really stuck... At the time when it's most important for me to keep myself well fed and healthy... I can't. I didn't realise just how little food we had in the kitchen as OH usually does all the cooking but last night I made myself some pasts and realised that we have next to nothing!! All we have is a few tins and some pasta :eek: To feed us both until wednesday when I get paid!! We have no money... Next to no food... I don't know what to do :cry: I'll never trust OH again when he says we have "plenty"... Sorry to moan but I feel like absolute s*** right now because of this... And to make matters worse I'm hungry and feel like I can't eat anything cause we don't have enough :(

I HATE having to be on benefits!!!

:hug: I don't know what to suggest :-( have you not even got a couple quid to get some veg or special offer stuff at the end of the day?? Can u borrow a fiver from your parents or other family or can u grab something from the freezer ? X

Not in touch with my family and I only have 50p :/... I'm really stuck... Been thinking about people I could ask but there isn't neone... Looks like I'm just gonna have to put up with it and learn from this

Aww, if it makes you feel any better I was in the exact position a couple of days ago - I was living on porridge (cheap, and you can make it with mostly water!) and pasta with tuna :)
It is really hard sometimes and I'm already worrying a bit about when I need to wean Lizzie cos I don't want her to just have whatever's cheapest!
I find the best way is to think of several meals that use tinned or frozen stuff and stock up when you get paid, then save some money aside for buying fresh stuff as and when you need it. My worst habit is to buy everything when I do my weekly/fortnightly shop and then half of it's gone off when I actually come to use it!
Hope things get better for you hun x

Ooh, I just remembered what I did whilst pregnant - sprouting seeds!!
Seriously, these are fantastic! My iron levels were mega low during pregnancy but having sprouted mung beans really improved my levels. Apparently because they are so 'new' (cos they've only just sprouted), just one handful can give you enough nutrients you need in a day. It's worth researching which seeds contain what to get the maximum benefit.

You don't get any waste cos you just make as many as you need and keep the rest of the seeds in the packet, and most only take 3-4 days to sprout.
If you are really worried about getting the right nutrients then this might be the way for you :)

Oh and don't worry about buying a proper sprouting tray if you can't afford it - you can just use a jam jar and a clean (!) dishcloth.

We've had to really, really tighten our belts in the last 6 months and both OH and I have lower paid jobs than we hoped for. For future reference, due to sheer determination I can get 7-days worth of food shopping from Aldi and Farmfoods for £35, with good variety. Honestly hun, with good planning and willpower it's very possible to shop well for very little. If you need any tips, I'm sure there are plenty of us on here who have have to scrimp at times!

Sorry it's so poo for you atm xxx

if your really stuck ring for a crisis loan they have to help you hun x

Crisis Loan don't help us any more cause since we moved in together mine and OH's joint social fund debts are so high... But we got paid y'day and we've budgeted a good 3 week shop (just to be safe) and all other necessary expenses so FX we should be ok this fortnight at least :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back