I didn't realise teething can be this bad - anyone else?

BabyMagic

Reaction score
Hiya,

So LO was a little unsettled before she cut her first tooth on Wednesday. But the proper uncomfort started after that.

We've been up now for four nights pretty much from early hours. Last night was worst so far (and hope it doesn't get any worse :pray: ). I just wasn't able to console her. She kept crying from about 2.30am until morning, falling asleep on my boob for 30 mins and then crying again. I was walking around with her a lot (reminded me of those early days).

I took her to doctors this morning and there was nothing too worrying. They asked us to go back if her temperature goes above 39 degrees. The last reading was 39.3 degrees so we have an appointment this afternoon.

What sympthoms does/did your LO have?

Poor DD woke crying again :( so I better go to her....

Bloody horrendous so you have my empathy :hug: The first tooth was bad but the second was awful. I'm dreading her getting more. She was whiny, clingy, red faced and woke about 3984 times a night, so much so she slept in our bed for a fortnight. The second one cut a few days ago and she's back to sleeping 7.30pm-5am ish. She never got a temperature even though she was red-faced and flushed.

Hope your LO feels better soon :hug: :hug:

daftscotslass said:
Bloody horrendous so you have my empathy :hug: The first tooth was bad but the second was awful. I'm dreading her getting more. She was whiny, clingy, red faced and woke about 3984 times a night, so much so she slept in our bed for a fortnight. The second one cut a few days ago and she's back to sleeping 7.30pm-5am ish. She never got a temperature even though she was red-faced and flushed.

Hope your LO feels better soon :hug: :hug:

Pretty much the same with us. Apart from the sleeping in our bed bit, I think OH would have had a fit. Instead I was up and down, up and down, up and down......

She now has 2. Still waking at least once at night, more often 4ish times. She is still waking really early in the morning too. Just after she started sleeping till 7, and playing in her cot till 7.30 :wall:

Hope she's feeling better soon xx

Maybe i've got it to come but Coops first tooth seems to be popping through can't really see it but i can feel it.. but he's been fine no different really :?

oooooooo yes
its a nightmare :(
Colliers got 4 all come through together and the screaming and cying is constant hes irratable most of the day and i have to work my arse of to entertain him to distract him for the pain
Hes had 2 teeth come through at 3 months old hes not stopped teething he wakes up between 4 ot 7 times a night

my poor poor boy :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

so i compleatly understand :hug:

Thank you for your replies girls :hug:

The GP actually thought that she may have a viral infection as she has temperature too, but tbh not sure as I believe when teething temperature is quite common. She did also say that the first teeth are usually the worst. Well, I hope so!

I do remember how it hurt when I had my wisdom teeth coming through so I can only imagine how it hurts our LOs :(

Geordie - I know what you mean about entertaining them to try to distract them of the pain. At night it is just a bit tricky...

Lara
- it feels like having a newborn baby again with all the wakings at night.

Keli - My LO only started with being wingy and waking up a night before her first tooth cut through and been pretty poorly ever since.

Daftscottslass - let's hope that my doctor was right by saying that the first teeth are the worst :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back