I DID IT!!!!

Ally1979

Reaction score
Just finished my 3rd race for life and this year more than the others i am so pleased.

The day started off quite miserably as it was pouring with rain. It is also cottage change over day so Mr A and little one stayed behind to clean while i went on my own. I felt quite sad as there were loads of big groups of people and then little old me on my own :(
I went with the walkers group this year and felt quite envious watching the runners set off ahead.
The course was very muddy and slippery due to the rain but we all carried on regardless. We got to one nasty corner and the race marshall told us to take our time and be careful as it was very slippery. We all carefully picked our way through the mud but one rather tall and loud lady decided she knew better and started pushing through shouting "Excuse me, tut will you get out of my way" que tall lady taking a few steps and sliding on her arse infront of everyone. Was highly amusing!

I hit 3K and my SPD kicked in big time. My legs and pelvis were not playing ball but i kept going and as i rounded the corner i heard a little but loud voice shout "Mummy" and there was my lovely little girl and Mr A waiting for me. If this wasnt incentive to keep going then i dont know wot was!!.

I crossed the finish line in 50 minutes barely able to walk much further but full of emotion and pride. Mr A and daughter were there waiting for me and both gave me a big hug.

I am sooooooooooooooooooo glad i went and did it and ended up really enjoying chatting to strangers and sharing stories. I had lots of laughs at my sign which read:
I RACE FOR:
MY GRANDAD, AUNTY DIANE, AUNTY NANCY, ELAINE C AND ALL THE MEN AND WOMEN TOUCHED BY CANCER.
I RACE FOR A BETTER FUTURE FOR MY DAUGHTER AND MY BUMP.
"BABY ON BOARD"

If anyone wants to visit my Race for life page it is
http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/allisonrosser

A very achy, stiff and happy Ally xxx

Congrats especially with your SPD playing up too. Well done on a great achievement :cheer:

Congratulations hun :D Specially in this weather!

Congratulations hun :cheer: Hope you get a chance to relax in a nice warm soapy bath tonight and ease those aches and pains. Love your sign! Sarah x

WELL DONE BABE!! :cheer: :cheer: That's brilliant, I really admire you. I can't run to save my life anyway, but with a bump I can imagine how tough it was for you, but nothing as tough as the fight against cancer so well done you, hope you feel really good (albeit a little achey lol).

Have a good ol' soak in the bath like Peanut said and try to wangle a massage out of your OH :wink: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back