I can't keep this up much longer :(

Lou

Reaction score
I can't keep doing this special k diet, its killing me. But what do I do now? I've been on it since New years day and haven't been having 2 bowls a day then dinner, only one bowl a day and dinner, no snacks, no pop, no sugar, nothing. I'm scared as soon as I start eating normally again I'm going to gain the weight I've lost (I don't know how much weight because I'm too scared to weigh myself). I'm also starting to enjoy the buzz of being really hungry which is obviously not good for me but then I feel sick and want to binge eat. I'm really starting to lose concentration and even my posts are coming out stupid and I have to keep correcting myself :(

I need a healthy eating plan, I went on the link I posted before but I'm too scared to eat again :( Today I have a headache so I've had my special k plus 3 crackers with lurpack and 3 quorn chicken style dippers from Isaac's lunch, and now I feel like I've cheated my diet :doh:

Hate to say it but I need help with this one :|

What about weight watchers or slimming world? Then you can treat yourself to choccy and other yummy stuff without feeling guilty. I've ate 4 chocolate digestives today but they were totally allowed on my weight watchers diet :D
I've done the special k diet in the past, and slim fast. They are ok in the short term but too inflexible to do for too long, you need to be able to treat yourself.

you may find that the diet would work better if you actually had the two bowls a day not one , otherwise you go into starvation mode and anything you eat your body will store .

Aww, sweetie. :hug: :hug: :hug: Sounds like you're in the danger zone, doll. I'd scrap that Special K diet if I were you - it's a great one for weight loss but you'll lose a lot of muscle mixed in with the fat, and then when you start eating normal food again your body's metabolism isn't high enough (because you've effectively been starving yourself as far as your body's concerned) and you'll pile that weight back on!

Best to start easy: meat, veg (no potatoes - GI on them is very high, and green veg is best), brown rice, eggs, fruit, water water water water. You'll probably be very succeptable to blood sugar surges atm, so if you can continue to stay away from things like fizzy drink, processed and sugary foods, and flour (or just white flour if avoiding all flour is too difficult at first). You'll probably find you'll have a hell of a lot more energy too! :hug:

eat somethin proper Lou!!!

go on slimmin world or weight watchers, they have more substantial meals than just cereal???

weigh yourself, see what you have lost then stick to a low carb thing for a couple of days til you decide what you are doing, the liking the hunger thing isnt right and you have recognised that problem so how about just taking it easy with all the crap things you wanna eat, get yourself some nice fresh fruit and veg in and just be really careful, i rekon you have done brill to be on the cereal since new year, i started it and didnt get past two bowls of crunchy nut! do you know which eating plan you wanna go with next?

I think your only meant to be on the specialk diet for 2 weeks at a time?

I went on it and got like you, went down to just one bowl and its not good, specially not with a tot x

Thanks for all your advice girls, really appreciate it :hug: and yes the special k is only supposed to be for 2 weeks but I kind of liked the idea of it so stayed on it :oops: stupid I know.

Not used to being the one needing help, feel's weird :(

Wish I'd never started the sodding special k now :x

I'm going to start eating normally again but healthy. I'm going to do online shopping for thursday so will make myself a weekly meal plan and see how I go from there :(

Lots of fresh fruit juice, wholemeal bread, low fat spread and fresh fruit and veg, fresh salmon, lean chicken...? :think: Sounds about right doesn't it? thats all we eat now really for our dinners but I was naughty after I had Isaac and would have a can of coke and a cho muffin for lunch, then wonder why I was getting fatter :roll:

I'm not daft, I'll work it out, just need moral support and ideas :hug:

Be careful with fresh fruit juice hun as some have lots of sugar, check the labels.

Eats loads and loads of fresh fruit and vegetables. Lean meats and fish, with one oily portion a week. I use frylight instead of fats although a small amount of olive oil should be fine. Don't deny yourself, if you want a treat have one. But limit it to one :D

Good luck :hug:

mummykay said:
eat somethin proper Lou!!!

go on slimmin world or weight watchers, they have more substantial meals than just cereal???
What she said! I feel quite concerned for you tbh! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Slimming world is all about healthy eating and it is great! Im crap with diets! Never been able to follow one in my life! But this isnt like a diet ! I feel ten thousand times better in myself just by eating properly! My depression (which I have suffered with for over 8 years) is almost non existent! :shock: I have tonnes of energy when all I needed to do before was sleep!

Hi Lou,
Hope you're ok. I'd get off the cereal thing too. It was probably a good kick start but maybe now you need something that will make you able to eat and not be afraid of putting on weight again. I know you know all that, just wanted to say hi and hope you can find something that works out for you. The liking being hungry thing is really powerful because the contrary is not liking being full and that has ALL kinds of knock on effects :(
And by the way... I have NO room to talk :rotfl:

edit... the second ingredient in Special K is sugar :(

Thanks girls, don't worry about me i'm fine. Was just feeling really rough yesterday :(

I feel a bit better today, had more to eat yesterday and have energy today! :dance:

You are all very sweet, thanks :hug:

I'm going to eat 3 meals a day again as from tomorrow when my shopping comes. I'll just exercise more if the weight starts coming back :)

I'll keep you posted :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back