I can't give him finger foods anymore.

NIE

Reaction score
Hiya,

I hope that someone can help me.

I can't give him any finger foods anymore as he manages to bite huge pieces of within a couple of seconds and he starts to gag.

eg. He used to eat a rusk by sucking it without any problems. Now he bites a big chunk off with the first bite even though he doesn't have any teeth.

Anyone got tips on how I can get him started on the finger foods again without him choking. I think I must have done something wrong, so I need to go back to basics.

Thanks xxx

I dunno... but if I give anything more solid than pureé to lil miss she gags on it then pukes everywhere... I tried her with mooshed up carrot and broccoli yesterday. It was very mooshy, but she still gagged and vomited it all up... I think it has to do with her reflux tbh... I think it hurts her to swallow anything too thick.

I've given her finger foods like rusk biscuits, toast soldiers and bits of fruit... but she chokes on it all. We have to give her things in one of those net feeders.

We're having the same problem atm so I can't really help, but also lil miss is taking an antibiotic that causes tummy upsets and diarrhoea which she has so everything is an issue atm.

OopsyDaisy said:
There's a product called the Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder which may be the solution to giving finger foods without the risk of choking:
http://www.munchkin.com/products/detail.html?pID=37

I bought one from Asda the other day, but haven't gotten round to using it yet.

Thanks for that I'll have a look for one as it looks like it would help a lot. xxx

hun...i believe the munchkin range is a toys r us brand so if your local asda hasn't got one you'll find them at toys r us
:hug:

Wii.Fit.Queen. said:
Hiya,

I hope that someone can help me.

I can't give him any finger foods anymore as he manages to bite huge pieces of within a couple of seconds and he starts to gag.

eg. He used to eat a rusk by sucking it without any problems. Now he bites a big chunk off with the first bite even though he doesn't have any teeth.

Anyone got tips on how I can get him started on the finger foods again without him choking. I think I must have done something wrong, so I need to go back to basics.

Thanks xxx

i spoke to my h/v about this (and i think ours share the same birth date so this applies to us both), but gagging without sickness is part of learning. monitor them when they eat, if you see them biting off big chunks try to get it out with your finger, make it smaller and re-give.

i think its a phase they go through when they#'re about to get their teeth.

pilkers said:
hun...i believe the munchkin range is a toys r us brand so if your local asda hasn't got one you'll find them at toys r us
:hug:

Thanks for that as I couldn't get it from Adsa. We have a toys r us local so I'll pop down there tomorrow. xxx

kelsey said:
i think its a phase they go through when they#'re about to get their teeth.

I was thinking this as well.

So basically, I don't need to worry about it too much just yet.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back